Our partner

Share a childhood memory that is telling or..

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

Share a childhood memory that is telling or..

Postby Dandy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 am

..in a way defines you today.

I was 11, skinny, on the quiet side girl. All the popular girls were already bullying/discriminating me and at school I spent most playtimes at the back yard doing gymnastics.
A certain boy was moved into our class, very suddenly, and in between season. I think we had been notified in advance that he had been having issues and it was going to be an experiment.

One day we were working in a group work setting, and moving around the class in more relaxed manner, when I realised this boy was following me and staring me. Then we encountered, or he just blocked my way. He had piercing eyes and he was holding an ink. He was about to say something, but then hesitated and just poked me with the pen. I think I was a little afraid.

We had at least one more encounter, when school photographs were released, and as this was before facebook, all the kids were thrilled to exchange and collect those little sticker pictures, sticking them in 'friend books', next to favourite colors, and aside of all the other info. Or in a wallet.

Well this boy wanted to exchange pictures with me. Soon after that he was kicked out of the class, probably due to numerous reasons.

To this day, this is like s stereotype guy that comes after me. I've maintained long-term relationship with a person who is safe and doesn't have this type of - for the lack of better word, energy. But in times of breaks, or separation, which among the numerous years together we've had. I've regularly, unwillingly, amongst different environments and mostly just shortly been back to this archetype male. We are polar opposites, he doesn't have the qualities I appreciate in another person, but there he is.
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"

DX: BP2, PTSD
Dandy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 5:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Share a childhood memory that is telling or..

Postby Dahliaa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:09 am

We were somewhere abroad. I was a little child. It was some kind of show there. Two people held a big snake, that snake lied on their arms. One of them asked if someone would like to touch it. I immediately said "I want to!". My parents said it only is for adults but I insisted. Those people allowed me to touch the snakes tail. I remember it felt very rough, dry and heavy. No one else wanted to touch the snake and there were many people, adults and children.

Now I do understand the snake was drugged (which I am strongly against to) but I think this example tells how much I like all animals.
Dahliaa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:53 pm

Re: Share a childhood memory that is telling or..

Postby Dahliaa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:57 am

Dahliaa wrote: I think this example tells how much I like all animals.

Actually, It probably also tells I am not shy and I am quite eager to try new things.
Dahliaa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:53 pm

Return to Just For Fun

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post