Our partner

No Internet challenge

Internet addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

No Internet challenge

Postby Tetrant » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:48 am

I will be short and straight to the point. Infornography, scrolling reddit, news, forums and the likes is a waste of time, build bad habits (relying on instant gratification) and is just bad. I will break this habit.

Rules:
I can't use the internet for purposes outside of work and only when it is justified and needed (e.g Google maps to go somewhere)

Exceptions:
If a friend or someone I know wants to show me a webpage or something like that, it doesn't reset the days counter. Not like it happens often, but we never know.

Let's go!
Tetrant
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: No Internet challenge

Postby Snaga » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I find cutting back on my social media has helped me a lot.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:35 am

Postby Tetrant » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:54 am

Day 0:
Damn I gave in yesterday and wasted half of my day on reddit and pointless websites. I will need to be more careful, take it more seriously and have stronger discipline and willpower
Tetrant
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Tetrant » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:26 am

Day 0:
Damn wasn't perfect either yesterday. I think that I will finally nail it today and for the following days, I think that I found some ways to deal with my urges (walking around, breathing, relaxing and so on)
Tetrant
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewSunRising » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:00 am

Welcome Tetrant !

Internet addiction is a hard thing to kick but with practice , you can manage your time online in a healthy way . Having a plan helps a lot . Maybe you could try a few different things like :

Scheduling internet time for 1-2 hours in the morning and using a timer . I found that if I start surfing the web after dinner then I'm on it until I go to bed . It's easier to shut it down in the daytime when I know I have things to do .

Get back to reading books ! This one helps me a lot .

Start a pre-bedtime ritual . Some light exercise , a relaxing bath , an hour or two of reading a book or prepping for the next day . I choose my clothes for work and make sure they're laid out for the morning . I also don't go to bed with dishes in the sink .

Rainy days and winter are hard for me though . :(
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Return to Internet Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post