Our partner

depression over not liking my videos

Internet addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

depression over not liking my videos

Postby willybilly30 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Man, it is cray when i think about it. but, a few days ago i threatened suicide on facebook cause i posted youtube videos and got no likes or comments. my youtube videos never get likes or comments. that days i did hear from a few who watched them. I love my videos i love watching them. I still have a grudge against a friend who i begged and begged to watch a video and would not cause it was so long. i deleted a few long ones and a few more cause a family member finally spoke up about my cussing. Damn it why does some people get so popular, get likes and comments...I have really gotten depressed over this. it is crazy i was thinking suicide cause no one watched my videos....
willybilly30
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: depression over not liking my videos

Postby NewSunRising » Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm

It is pretty troubling that not being liked on social media has that kind of effect on you .

How do you plan to deal with this ?
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby willybilly30 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:28 am

I talked about it in class but, the teacher i guess you call them said" i should not say stuff like that there" the therapist told me i need to find ways to get the word out. I am not really sure i guess try to get myself to enjoy what i do and try not to focus on popularity. not sure how..affirmations? self hypnosis? i will think about it.
willybilly30
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewSunRising » Sun May 13, 2018 1:51 am

Those are 2 good ways although self-hypnosis doesn't always work on some people . I listened to a hypnosis video every day when I was struggling with gambling addiction and it didn't hypnotize me in the least .

But it did impart a positive and calming message in my mind and I think it helped me greatly . It certainly didn't "cure" me , but I found it a very useful tool .

I had to find things to do besides gambling and honestly , in the beginning , I had to make myself do them . That "one activity " had kind of taken over my life to the point where nothing else seemed like fun , or even worth the effort . After a few times of slogging through " other activity " , it actually became enjoyable . It kind of retrained my brain to see other stuff as options , not just better-than-nothing things to do and the less I gambled , the less important gambling became .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby willybilly30 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:22 am

I do need to find more stuff to do. i know i do facebook to much
willybilly30
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewSunRising » Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 am

It helped me to think about the stuff I liked to do in the past ( before gambling came along ) .
I used to like to go on hikes , read books , do sports . I tried to spend more time with my friends too .

Ask yourself what would you do if the internet went down ?
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Return to Internet Addiction Forum