Our partner

loss of personality/anxiety after gaming

Internet addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

loss of personality/anxiety after gaming

Postby IvyMercyLyons » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:37 am

addiction is ever-present in my urge to play any games at all; i actually can't seem to game without playing into an addiction (pun wasn't intentional :D ,) but i've noticed something somewhat confusing in the effects. after gaming for over, maybe, thirty minutes, i started to become noticeably less self-aware, noticeably less mature, my social skills decreased... and this had to recover, over the course of maybe a week or a month!

does anyone recognize this in their own experiences? how games would make the world around you foggier, in a way
IvyMercyLyons
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: loss of personality/anxiety after gaming

Postby NewSunRising » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:48 pm

I think you're right on about the chemical boost that you mentioned in the other thread . I Everything in me was focused on getting more of the "buzz" , nothing else deserved any attention .

Afterwards , I'd be coming down off the high and the withdrawals were not unlike those of street drugs . My "drugs" were manufactured in my own brain , which I was hyper-stimulating to keep them pumping out at high dosages .

Yeah , the fog is real . But it clears when you stop the addictive behavior . Not quickly , but it does go away .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Internet Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post