Our partner

Girlfriend seriously over reacts

Intermittent Explosive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Girlfriend seriously over reacts

Postby goginski » Sat May 02, 2020 2:44 pm

My girlfriend smokes and drinks a lot. I don't smoke and barely drink red wine. After a month and a half of dating, I told her I didn't want anymore open containers of beer in my car (very risky) and didn't want anymore smoking in the car because the second hand smoking was starting to get to me in close quarters of vehicle. She understands the drinking part but basically flipped out last night regarding the smoking and had me take her home. In fact, while taking her back home, I told her I just wanted some respect and didn't want to be taken advantage of. This is when she REALLY flipped out and told me to pull over so she could walk the rest of the way home which was about 3 blocks. She was in a rage and insisted so I did. She got out, slammed the door and said "we're done". Have not talked to her yet this morning.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the behavior would be very much appreciated.
goginski
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Girlfriend seriously over reacts

Postby thegentlepath » Thu May 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi goginski, you & your girlfriend sound incompatible. You can’t change other people. It’s probably only going to get worse if you choose to be with this person, but that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong. Good luck.
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:59 am
Blog: View Blog (109)

Return to Intermittent Explosive Disorder Forum