Our partner

Please could someone help?

Intermittent Explosive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Please could someone help?

Postby Summer78 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi I would really appreciate any help please. I have been with my husband for 15years. He always had a temper but for the last 10 years it’s been getting progressively worse. He starts this uncontrollable shaking with gritted teeth and clenched fists. He has no control over this outward sign. I know however that this means we are minutes away from a rage attack. There is no build up (that I am aware of) and it is normally about something minor. Then the screaming in my face starts and the violent actions slamming me against the wall strangling me punching grabbing my face while screaming the worse insults. Then it’s over and he downplays all the actions like they have never happens. He normally falls asleep while I’m left feeling what the hell just happened. Then my normal nice husband comes back. These episodes are starting to happen every 6 weeks or so. He did start anger management last year but it’s such a flash of rage I don’t think it’s working (or he is in denial about any actions he take or can’t remember doing it?) he was also given Zoloft which made the rages even wore. Do you think he could be suffering from IED? I really don’t know what to do? I don’t want to leave him for these rage flashes but I’m really suffering. Thanks for reading
Summer78
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Please could someone help?

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 am

Summer78 ,

Get out of there immediately . You are in an extremely dangerous situation and I think you know it .

All the apologies in the world will mean nothing if he injures you badly or even beyond repair .
This is especially true because he claims not to remember assaulting you .

It happens all the time to women who steadfastly insist that " He would never really hurt me ." . There is nothing you can do to help him and there is likely nothing you can do to keep these attacks from happening . Get yourself out of there before it's too late .

If there comes a time in the future where your "nice , normal husband " comes back permanently , you can always consider the possibility of getting back together but until then , you could be risking your life by staying there . He needs to see his doctor asap . If he won't go - you go see his doctor and tell him everything . Just be aware that if your husband finds out , it could very well trigger more attacks .

You need to be in a safe place NOW .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Intermittent Explosive Disorder Forum