Our partner

North African IED

Intermittent Explosive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

North African IED

Postby SaharaSon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:55 am

I fit the bill for IED. I was in North Africa 12 years. I was a kid with repeated exposure to extreme violence. War, Revolution, and extreme Social Unrest. Was held in long term confinement with the promise of death (shoot on sight) if I attempted to leave. Was in an active combat zone. Exposed to repeated executions. Repeated dangerous evacuations. Was very nearly stoned to death by Muslims. Was abandoned by my mother when father was badly injured and had to be evacuated to the US. Mother and older brothers flew to US with dad. I was left behind alone with strangers in desert African country. Did not know if I would see family again. I was 4 years old. Shalom.
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: North African IED

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Welcome SaharaSon ,

I'm sorry that you had to go through such a horrific experience . I hope that you can find some way to work through the past and live the life that you want today .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Fri May 14, 2021 11:43 pm

Postby SaharaSon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:23 pm

NewSunRising, thank you for your kindness. I am just trying to let some pressure out of the tea kettle. I have never talked about any of these things, until this year. Even my one remaining brother had no idea. It helps alot to talk about some of this stuff. In general I have been able to handle things well. This is a little preventive maintenance. Thanks kindly. Shalom.
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:48 pm

You are welcome to post whenever and whatever you are comfortable with . I believe that writing things out can be healing and helpful , not only for ourselves but for others who are struggling too .

All the best ,

NSR
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Fri May 14, 2021 11:43 pm

Return to Intermittent Explosive Disorder Forum