Our partner

How to stop viewing sleep as a chore?

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

How to stop viewing sleep as a chore?

Postby Roseredpinball » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Hey all, how can I stop seeing sleep as a chore, as something I have to do, instead of something pleasant or that I want to do? I think part of my problem is I tend to view sleep as an obstacle getting in the way of the things I wanna do. To me it's a waste of time. Another issue is that I never really know what to do with myself once I'm lying in bed. I'm laying there, eyes closed, and then what? What do I do now? :lol: I do find listening to soothing music helps me go to sleep, but it drains the battery on my phone. I don't understand why I have difficulty convincing myself to turn off the computer and go to bed, or getting to sleep once I'm in bed. It's not as though I have recurring nightmares or anything (most of my dreams are just plain weird, and maybe a little unpleasant? But not like nightmares. Idk.) I rarely wake up feeling totally refreshed and ready to leap out of bed either, but then again, who does? It seems strange to me that anybody should wake up ready to leap out of bed, is that normal? Sorry for asking so many questions, and thanks immensely to anyone who can help me out!
Roseredpinball
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post