Our partner

Hi. Just joined.

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Hi. Just joined.

Postby obtuse1 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:22 pm

This is my first posting. I've always been a light sleeper. I'm going to jump right in here if that's ok.

I've been getting by on about 3-5 hours of sleep/night. Often closer to 3. And I lead a very busy life. My job is commercial bus driver so it is vital I be alert for that. My work hours are basically 3-12pm.
I go to yoga class 3-4 times/week. One class is at 7am. On those nights I get about 3 hours sleep and the workout is fairly intense. Then I'll nap that day and do yoga nidra in order to get my rest.
I do yoga nidra every day and that seems to help a lot. I try to not do too much caffeine, but it is unavoidable. Maybe the equivalent of three mugs/day. We own a home and I have hobbies, too, which keep me busy. I just turned 65 and plan to work at least another year, probably longer.

In short, I'm a very busy boy who gets by on very little sleep. If I could get a solid 5 hours per night that would be peachy. But it's usually 3, then be up for a while, then doze off for a half hour or so, then get up and hit the ground running.
obtuse1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hi. Just joined.

Postby obtuse1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Any other 65 year olds live a physically active life on 3-4 hours of sleep per night?
obtuse1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post