Our partner

Experiencing Sleep Twitches EVERY time I drift/Can't sleep

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Experiencing Sleep Twitches EVERY time I drift/Can't sleep

Postby Marylee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi there,

For the past month now every time Im on the brink of sleep I have a sleep start/twitch in some area of my body. In the beginning I was not able to fall asleep until 3 in the morning and I was disassociating from myself, walking around like a zombie. I self medicated by taking NyQuil and natural sleep aids which did nothing, I felt like I was dying. I went to different doctors, naturopaths, Chinese medicine. I was put on a regiment of supplements, given anti depressants (which I don't want to start taking) I was also given clonozapam, which seems to be the only thing thats allowing me to sleep. Now even if im on the brink of sleep without twitching a rush of anxiety will overcome me and wake me up. I wish there was someone out there that has had this and gotten over it...Im feeling really helpless about it because no one else seems to know what is happening and how to beat it.
Marylee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Experiencing Sleep Twitches EVERY time I drift/Can't sleep

Postby RapidMallard78 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:00 pm

Sounds like restless leg syndrome. Didn't know I had it until a doctor performed a sleep study on me. They picked it up in the brain wave activity. I now take medication for it. It was life changing for me. Although when I first started taking it, it terrified me. It felt like I was dying. For the first time in my life my entire body actually relaxed! Took some time to adjust to the feeling. It still makes me feel uncomfortable but I do stop twitching. Also, low iron can cause twitching as well. I also take iron supplements.
RapidMallard78
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post