Our partner

I want to stay away from the bathroom mirror.

Impulse-Control Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: I want to stay away from the bathroom mirror.

Postby NewSunRising » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:05 am

That's awesome . :mrgreen:
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby thegentlepath » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Thanks NSR. My skin looks like crap today because I’ve been eating crap lately. I will continue to mud mask & try not to eat so crappy from now on to remedy this situation. Practice patience. :mrgreen:
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:45 am
Blog: View Blog (97)

Postby NewSunRising » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:57 am

I did the Whole 30 with a friend in April . I felt great and my skin looked fantastic but man ...what an ordeal it was . Nothing but meat , seafood , eggs and vegetables . Fresh vegetables . Preferably Organic ( $$$ ) .

No sugar , no alcohol , no soy , no grains , no legumes , no dairy ... I didn't see the inner aisles of a supermarket for a month . It was a lot of work and took a ton of planning , cooking and label-reading .

I discovered that Ghee doesn't even remotely taste like butter . It tastes like oil . And I can drink my coffee black but I hate every second of it . Also , forget going out to any restaurants , cafes , social events or anywhere else there's food .

Lol ... I might do it again in January .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby thegentlepath » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:56 pm

I tried a similar eating plan years ago. It eliminated skin redness, but not blemishes. There’s a link between diet & inflammation in the body. I have best results with a multi-pronged approach: beneficial foods, mud masks, & other self-care stuffs. Channeling the picking urges into other body-based repetitive behaviors that are less noticeable: breaking split ends & tweezing pits. Distraction. Yard work. Cats. Spiders. Pinterest. I’m still picking though. It could be worse. :?
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby NewSunRising » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes , it could always be worse .

if you want to keep your hands busy , I like to crochet . I go off and on with it . I have a multicolored scarf that I've been working on for a year now . It's about 2 feet long . :roll:

Maybe I'll get it out again and try to make it long enough to actually wear this year .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby thegentlepath » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:20 pm

That’s a good idea NSR. I have all the supplies & resources to make that happen. So many projects, so little time.
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Impulse-Control Disorder NOS