Our partner

Afraid i have diabetes

Hypochondriasis message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Afraid i have diabetes

Postby Zamyou » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Male 26y here and Ive always been hypocondric..
For the past 3-4 days ive been afraid of getting diabetes.. Before this i have always had weird feelings in my body depending on what i've feared..
It started with me being very thirsty and tired one evening (im working very much a week and have anxiety / panic attacks during the day at times).. so the next day somehow i thought that i might have diabetes and started panicing why i was so thirsty.. then i started thinking about how much i go to the bathroom and watching my urine color (its nothing abnormal).. then watching my hunger levels..

Now, i feel like going to the bathroom a lot and sometime i experience a dry mouth an thirst but these are not constant symptoms.. im not really that thirsty.. also, i dont feel like eating a lot even though i feel like my body is pretty hungry from time to time.. i dont feel tingling in body parts, dizziness or tiredness..
I did some blood tests here and my results were okay (fasting blood result was around 5,2 (gotta be under 6) and after meals 6,2 or even 4,6mmol ( usually they should be under 7,8 after meals ) .. Sometimes i dont feel like i have the symptoms, they are not constant..
I called my health central and based on what i told them about myself and the results i did they said not to worry but they can take some overall blood tests to make sure..

I'm scared... could anxiety and hypochondria cause my bladder to be overactive or could it cause dry mouth? I'm mostly afraid of the hunger i have because sometimes even though ive just eaten i can still feel hungry for many hours even though i dont feel like eating at all).. and when i do feel hunger, my blood sugar is pretty low (around 4.6-5)

Anyone relate? I'm scared..
Zamyou
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Afraid i have diabetes

Postby vortexvoid » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:15 am

YES! anxiety can cause both overactive bladder and dry mouth. i get both when i'm anxious, quite severely.
i suggest you breathe more. slowly. you are overthinking and fixating, and that panic builds on itself.
you've gotten the tests, so take that as your evidence that you are ok.
keep eating healthy and taking care of yourself.
i would be willing to bet money that these effects are just your own anxiety working against you. do things that calm you down and make you focus on something outside yourself.. pet some dogs, go to the park, stuff like that. it sounds trite, but getting stuck in your own head can be a nightmare.
good luck :)
Rae - current host

The Others:
Rachel, Rachel Joy, Keda, Taty, SS3NDASS, Killer, Critic, Kid, Void, and Jukebox

Our journey of discovery and getting to know each other
vortexvoid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:42 am

Re: Afraid i have diabetes

Postby Zamyou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks vortexvoid!

I'm just freaking out about my hunger i have almost all the time but its not extreme..
I'm not feeling thirsty anymore or feeling the need to pee so that's a relief..
I also freaked out today i had a reading of 5,6 in the morning but right after i took another test it got down to 5,3... i've read that the glucose rate fluctuates a lot but it just freaks me out..

Anyway thanks! I've made an appointment with a psychiatrist today so i'm going to proceed where i left off...
Zamyou
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Return to Hypochondriasis Forum