Our partner

Anxiety/hypochondria is literally draining me of life HELP!

Hypochondriasis message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Anxiety/hypochondria is literally draining me of life HELP!

Postby Kboyer1188 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm a 27 year old mom of 3, been married for 7 years now. My father passed when I was 17 of a very rare form of cancer. I had anxiety since I was 15, about 6 years ago it started to get worse and it is now full blown hypochondria. I always think I'm dying, have cancer, or some type of illness. I check my stool daily to see if there's blood. I have to feel around my body to make sure nothing feels out of the ordinary. I have been in a few situations I should have died. One was a car accident I wasn't wearing a seatbelt and I got tboned on my side..head hit windshield 3x have scars all over left side of my face. Last year I had mrsa and was prescribed sulfa. Ended up having a very rare allergic reaction called thrombocytepenia where my platelets were only 2000. My doctor actually thinks I made myself allergic to the medicine cause I told him I was going to be....and I was. Currently I have some swollen glands or lymph nodes in my neck and I think it's cancer. It hurts to swallow on left side of neck....Been a smoker for 13 years :/ been trying to quit. Not working. Been freaking over lung cancer, brain tumors or aneurysms...pretty much everything I think I have or I'm going to get. My life is getting pretty miserable and I don't want to have to get back on xanax I quit taking it when I found out I was pregnant and never got back on it. Looking for something more natural. Just don't know what to do any more I feel as if I'm just a miserable bitch and cant enjoy life to the fullest with my family. And its starting to take a toll on me even more mentally. I don't even want to have sex anymore from stress I'm just never in the mood. Which in return is making my husband I feel having some type of resentment towards me yet he tells me hes not. I'm hoping someone can relate to me to give me advice. I have been to therapy and...it hasn't helped. Thanks for reading the rant!!! This isn't even a fraction of my thought process.
Kboyer1188
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anxiety/hypochondria is literally draining me of life HELP!

Postby Pacingthecage » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:36 pm

I just want to say that your story almost literally perfectly corresponds to yours. I have had, do have, and continue to have all of the same experiences as you. I am on Xanax and it really doesn't help much, honestly. I know a few people with hypochondria who have been started on Prozac and it made a HUGE difference for them and they now live a somewhat "normal" life. Apparently is works well for hypochondria. I am seeing a psychiatrist in a couple weeks with the hopes of giving it a try. I just wanted you to know you aren't alone, and that someone (myself) out there has your exact story.
Pacingthecage
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Hypochondriasis Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post