Our partner

MY HEART IS GOING TO STOP BEATING

Hypochondriasis message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: MY HEART IS GOING TO STOP BEATING

Postby Azera » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:49 am

I completely understand how you feel!
I get very very paranoid about really random things. Especially things that are fatal like a heart attack or getting some kind of illness.
I was terrified to eat meat for a while because I had this paranoid thought that I was going to get E.Coli. And I'm terrified of taking medications because I always believe the rare side effects will somehow just happen to me.
Sometimes I randomly get pain in my head and automatically jump to the conclusion it's a tumor or my heart will feel really weird and I'll think about it and then it'll feel like my heart is going to just stop beating so I panic.
I know how much of a struggle it is to constantly live in fear of EVERYTHING. It's been getting worse for me.
I would definitely express to a professional how this is affecting your everyday life! And just know you aren't alone. When I get panicked or paranoid I like to put my feet in hot water in the tub, because I read that stimulating your sense of touch like that can help distract your brain and prevent you from freaking out! It does work for me sometimes and calms me down!
Bipolar Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Buspar: 15mg
Lamictal: 100mg
Latuda: NA
Azera
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT