Our partner

Positive Psychology

Hope, Healing and Coping.

Positive Psychology

Postby RottenFish » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:50 pm

The first time I heard about Positive Psychology was when I was in college. One of my classmates shared her disgust about how psychology focuses only on the negative. She was right. The professor mentioned Positive Psychology -- the focus on happy people and their efforts toward staying happy.

I find it rather amusing how so many people believe they can only be sad or angry, but they don't believe they can happy. Sounds like self-sabotage to me. I found many websites about positive psychology, but one of my favorites is this one:

https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about ... psychology

The article mentions how therapists are "concerned" about the recent growth in positive psychology. Well, if we all learned happiness and self-love ... I guess many therapists' jobs would be in jeopardy.

This is not an Anti-Psych thread, this is a thread about the rising popularity of positivity -- something millions of people are missing in today's world. There is hope, kids ... there is hope. It is within you. :(
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 08, 2021 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Positive Psychology

Postby RottenFish » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Lately, I've spent more time reading about Positive Psychology. It is one of the few areas of Psychology I actually respect. Constantly hearing all the negative stuff about psychology has made me lose respect for the field, but knowing that psychologists are starting to focus on happiness made me embrace the field again.

I found this rather interesting. It is about the The Three Levels of Positive Psychology:

1. The subjective level includes the study of positive experiences such as joy, well-being, satisfaction, contentment, happiness, optimism and flow. This level is about feeling good, rather than doing good or being a good person.

2. At the next level, the focus is on the ‘good life’ and the qualities that are necessary for being a ‘good person’, through studying human strengths and virtues, capacity for love, and courage.

3. Finally, at the group or community level, the emphasis is on civic virtues, social responsibilities, nurturance, altruism, civility, tolerance, work ethics, positive institutions and other factors that contribute to the development of citizenship and communities.

http://positivepsychology.org.uk/what-i ... sychology/
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 08, 2021 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Hope