Our partner

I need to get out of this rough place

Hope, Healing and Coping.

I need to get out of this rough place

Postby SomeRandomGuy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

I feel like, no matter how hard I work and study, something ruins my day every time. I live in a rough neighbourhood which is very loud, dirty, and has one of the highest population densities of the continent. That's the big picture.

But what ruins my day isn't exactly thinking about this, which I try to avoid as much as I can as I'm leaving in 1-2 years anyway. It's the immediate physical reality of, for example, being called out in the street for reasons as little as standing in the middle of it talking to somebody when the stranger who calls you out wants to cross it (apparently asking somebody to please step aside isn't in our language anymore??). People are becoming more and more unfriendly and cynical with a shoot first, ask questions later mentality (not literally, thankfully!).

I hate wrecking my back every day, going to bed and then not being able to sleep because addicts are dealing and consuming in the street, arguing with people who sometimes exist only in their heads and walking around with their frenzied dogs all night. Nobody calls out these people for some reason, nobody wants a change for the better. Just this fact makes me hate pretty much all my neighbours. My neighbours are self-centered @@@@@@@ who'd rather cover their ears to catch some sleep instead of calling the police if their cousin was being murdered down there.

Sometimes this place makes you feel guilty for breathing. That's actually how I feel right now. This whole country is an economically stale passive-aggressive mess that mistreats young people systematically, offering no hope of making a decent living anymore, with middle aged and older people considering you a sub-human and labeling you a lazy person withour ever having met you.

I need some hope that I'm getting out of this shithole or I'll end up assaulting some @@@@@@@ in the street when he insults me for no reason. Just need to know there's a way out and that not all places on Earth are like this.
SomeRandomGuy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I need to get out of this rough place

Postby shock_the_monkey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:24 pm

i'm sorely tempted to say 'judge not lest ye be judged'. we're all products of our environment to some extent. and perhaps if you could have a little compassion for your fellow man, you'd spend less time grinding yourself up about them too.

i'll just add that it's not where you are that matters but who you are. i don't doubt that your environment isn't great, however, you're not actually making it any better just by hating it. perhaps you should try to involve yourself in some sort of community project. that way you'll at least have earned the right to have an opinion. just criticising is easy. doing something about it is much harder.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 pm