Our partner

What is Hope??

Hope, Healing and Coping.

What is Hope??

Postby z0n321 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Hello
its my First Post Here.
i'm 21 Male (A Fat One) . A Student Of Masters. I need Advice related Some things.
*Sigh* ok lets be clear. i've never been Optimistic my Whole Life.
Always Underestimating myself while doing something "Hey, you cant do That" something like that. and it always ends up incomplete. i dnt have frnds with whom i can hang out. Didn't had Any GF in my life.. have very bad relationship with my Family Members Except My Dad. i just Sit around in my room all day alone. Some times cry. Sometimes want to just leave everything.
i dont risk anything. Always Afraid. i Dont Express My Feelings to Anyone.
always Felt Hopeless.
i Need an Advice Regarding these Issues. i mean how should i believe on myself? Question is am i that bad? :( i mean i never harmed anyone. never Broken Heart of anyone. but still m just Alone without any hope :(
Sorry for Bad English. (Not my First Language).
z0n321
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What is Hope??

Postby Retsilloh » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:21 pm

No, you're not a bad person, just misunderstood.

I'm very similar to you in many aspects. I always try my hardest, but I always end up failing. It's like I can never reach my full potential and that's what pisses me off the most. Nor do I have any friends that understand me.

I haven't gotten past this issue, but I do feel better by improving myself, and the negative aspects of my personality.

Working out, reading books, and trying to understand what I do wrong has really made me feel more informed, and i'm slowly becoming a better person.
Just call me "Rets"
Retsilloh
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 am

Postby Silverwings_2012 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 am

:)
Hope is an optimistic attitude of mind that is based on an expectation of positive outcomes related to events and circumstances in one's life or the world at large. As a verb, its definitions include: "expect with confidence" and "to cherish a desire with anticipation". Among its opposites are dejection, hopelessness and despair..
Silverwings_2012
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:43 pm

Postby cannedbeans » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Hope is what gave Andy Dufresne the power to crawl through all that sewage to freedom in the film The Shawshank Redemption.

Hang in there z0n321.
cannedbeans
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:43 pm

Postby Remember Ronni » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Hope is just a reason to get up in the morning. And you never know today might just turn out to be better than yesterday. For now focus on your studies, don't fret too much over a future no one can predict. When things feel bad I just focus on today. Tomorrow you might bump into your soulmate (not there is such a thing, but you know what I mean) riding the bus to college. You have such a lot of life ahead of you. I am 49 now and have done so many things I would never even have dreamt of at the age you are today. Just be open to the good things that come your way. And don't give up.
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:43 am

Postby lindakieu » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:45 am

you are a good person, just open your heart good things will come to you, good luck.
lindakieu
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:43 pm

Postby sunshineNrainbows » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:02 am

You may feel bad but you're not bad. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make a day seem a little less hopeless. It can take as little as going for a walk.
sunshineNrainbows
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby kittygirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:33 pm

z0n321 wrote:Hello
its my First Post Here.
i'm 21 Male (A Fat One) . A Student Of Masters. I need Advice related Some things.
*Sigh* ok lets be clear. i've never been Optimistic my Whole Life.
Always Underestimating myself while doing something "Hey, you cant do That" something like that. and it always ends up incomplete. i dnt have frnds with whom i can hang out. Didn't had Any GF in my life.. have very bad relationship with my Family Members Except My Dad. i just Sit around in my room all day alone. Some times cry. Sometimes want to just leave everything.
i dont risk anything. Always Afraid. i Dont Express My Feelings to Anyone.
always Felt Hopeless.
i Need an Advice Regarding these Issues. i mean how should i believe on myself? Question is am i that bad? :( i mean i never harmed anyone. never Broken Heart of anyone. but still m just Alone without any hope :(
Sorry for Bad English. (Not my First Language).

Your English is fine. :)

I had a problem with hopeless too. I can only tell you the four things that worked for me.

1. I looked for meaningful things I could do that I would feel good about. Things that I knew meant my life mattered on earth. I helped out at food banks. I volunteered at the local library. I answered phones at my parish office. I attended political rallies for just and compassionate causes. I spent time working on the weekends at shelters for the homeless. I made a difference in the lives of others, and it made a difference in how I felt about myself.

2. I read a lot of Bible verses about how God loved me and cared for me. I figured that God knew everything about me, every bad thing and stupid thing and dysfunctional thing I had ever done, and yet still loved me and wanted the best for me. If he could do that, I must be a worthwhile person worthy of good things in life.

3. My shrink helped me see the irrationality in many of my thoughts, how I jumped to conclusions, made all or nothing statements, generalized from too small a sample, etc. Then I would come up with rational statements and affirmations and tape them to my mirror. For example, one of my irrational thought was that my family had given up on me. It was an exaggeration. The truth is that although my family was exhausted with me, they were still in my corner and still loved me -- they had not abandoned me. Every morning when I got up, I saw "Family is in my corner" on my mirror.

4. This too shall pass. Give it time: you are only in your early 20's. When I was very young, my feelings were overwhelming. Now that I'm 55, I no longer have BPD. Maturity, trial and error with drugs, and good therapy really makes a difference.
kittygirl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Wally58 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:55 am

I don't know exactly what it is but when it happened to me, a feeling or sense of profound relief washed over me and I was finally able to weep.
I knew that things were going to be OK.
It was a 180° turn-around from hopelessness to hopefulness. It was the start of recovery for me.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 am

Postby breedyman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm

hope is one of the major element in your life. if there is no hope so no one survives in this world. If there is one way blocked for your success than your life not end there. there are 100 more ways to pass through. This is the hope.
breedyman
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 am

Next

Return to Hope

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post