Our partner

Questions for HPDs from Nons (Could be Triggering)

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: xdude

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Questions for HPDs from Nons (Could be Triggering)

Postby Ringil » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks for warning me, appreciate your time, though I don't fear conflict, I have worse opponents in the office :) Thanks for pointing this out, I understand what you mean.

However, following your recommendation (out of compassion) I started answering her slightly bitchy attempts to catch my attention now in a friendly, yet distant way (instead of ignoring her presence like before). Polite and recognizing her presence but clearly professional and distant. More she'll never get, whatever she might do. Luckily there's enough "supply" around me who draw her attention away from me, so I expect I'm getting out of this situation with very low effort (just a few smiles) :)

If I _could_ help her I'd be willing to invest a significant amount of time. But I can't unless I invent a time machine, I guess. What asshole parents can be so cruel ...
Ringil
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby shimtie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:25 am

I'm on the live and let live side of the line because finding common ground suggests interacting with my HPD (I'm one of the walking wounded too). What a shame they're deleting it from the DSM; it's sufficiently different from BPD or NPD; these people are from a bit of a different mold. They...really draw out the sympathy/empathy of others with their seeming sincerity and they throw themselves into really convincing performances moreso than any NPD I ever met; also the oversexualization and obvious making-more-of-relationships than they are (strangers = sudden friends). It's much better to pull the tiller and steer clear. I do hope these forums are maintained because a digitized record of the goings on can be analyzed as research methods improve even in cases of unlabelled participants, i.e. the undiagnosed (my Ph.D. thesis explores this sort of inference but for normal personality...the applications to psychopathology abound).
shimtie
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Postby xdude » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:33 am

shimtie wrote:I'm on the live and let live side of the line because finding common ground suggests interacting with my HPD (I'm one of the walking wounded too). What a shame they're deleting it from the DSM; it's sufficiently different from BPD or NPD; these people are from a bit of a different mold. They...really draw out the sympathy/empathy of others with their seeming sincerity and they throw themselves into really convincing performances moreso than any NPD I ever met; also the oversexualization and obvious making-more-of-relationships than they are (strangers = sudden friends). It's much better to pull the tiller and steer clear. I do hope these forums are maintained because a digitized record of the goings on can be analyzed as research methods improve even in cases of unlabelled participants, i.e. the undiagnosed (my Ph.D. thesis explores this sort of inference but for normal personality...the applications to psychopathology abound).

I guess it has been one of those debated items. Is HPD really different, or is it just an adaptation based on what is socially approved for females vs males?
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:10 am

Previous

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post