Our partner

A Match Made in Group Therapy Heaven?

Group therapy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

A Match Made in Group Therapy Heaven?

Postby Twinkling Butterfly » Sun May 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Sorry I couldn't think of a wittier title :roll: but this just kind of jumped out at me unexpectedly.
wooster wrote:
purepachadc10 wrote: I want to slit my wrist down the hospital so they section me. I'm a danger to myself and surly while I am I should not be left to my own devices.
Just a silly boozy thought (it's Saturday again). I've read about some experiment when they put together little kids from orphanages with lonely old folks withering away in old people's homes, and it worked out extremely good in regards of the mental/emotional well-being of both parties.
Wonder if the same could be done with abandonment-fearing borderlines and those loving, caring earth-motherly types who get screwed over by reckless Narcs/AsPDs time after time?? Apparently, they have an excess amount of lovingness to dole out which usually gets wasted on the totally wrong person, whereas others would hugely benefit from the vast amounts of warm unconditional love, care & empathy. (I mean it in a most benign way, no sarcasm or whatever.)
Twinkling Butterfly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: A Match Made in Group Therapy Heaven?

Postby prettyprincess » Wed May 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi so whats this whole group therapy heaven talks about like anything or does the topic have to be specific because i need therapy to help me out with my life because most of the time my life sucks but people dont know that because i put a smile on my face so please if you can answer my question. if you want
prettyprincess
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: A Match Made in Group Therapy Heaven?

Postby whatWorks » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Sounds like you got a pretty heavy load to carry.
You will drop your load piece by piece if you really decide to start the process.
Group therapy has helped many.
Could you find a friend to start that initially as two person group
and develop the rules that seem to bring encouraging outcome?
whatWorks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Group Therapy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post