Our partner

Revisiting a painful loss constantly.

Open Discussions about Grief and Loss.

Revisiting a painful loss constantly.

Postby Signal » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:00 pm

I am constantly revisiting a very painful moment in my life which happened many years ago but has completely consumed and destroyed me. Even now some six years later I think obsessively from the moment I wake up till I finally fall asleep re living the trauma over and over again. The pain is unbearable and has showed no sign of dissipating, in addition no one seems to understand what I am going through.

I have been affected on so many different levels emotionally but also became homeless, turned to hard drugs and literally lost my sanity for many years. I am now off the drugs and have a room but I am worried that I won't be free of this depression and obsessive thinking unless I can convey to the dorctors the full severity of my situation which they seem totally un able to relate too.

I would like some help in the run up to my first appointments, I need to have some idea of what diagnosis I should likely expect, is it OCD? Is it PTSD? Psychosis? Or some other type of Syndrome or combination of them all? If this is the case I would like to know (perhaps most importantly) What types of treatments are likely to be effective for me?
Signal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Revisiting a painful loss constantly.

Postby Signal » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm dissapointed in the lack of reply, more nightmares again last night, the same as every night. The depression and pain is not going away.
Signal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: Revisiting a painful loss constantly.

Postby realityhere » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:49 am

It would be hard for anyone to give a guess what diagnosis or type of treatment your doctors may give or recommend to you, based on what you've written. It's understandable that you're experiencing nightmares, depression, and pain as you've related, but you give very little background to what trauma happened in your life to cause these symptoms.

Kudos to you for staying clean, it will help your clarity and ability to express your thoughts and feelings to your care providers. Please try to express to them your anxiety and depression levels, as it seems that those symptoms need treating firsthand. Treatment of depression and anxiety can help abate these symptoms to a point that it may help you give your doctors some understanding of the severity of the trauma you experienced, in order to give you an appropriate diagnosis.

That written, please continue to write here as needed in the forum. Peers sometimes have an understanding that professionals often don't grasp.
AWAY from mod duties, please contact another moderator.
realityhere
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Return to Grief and Loss Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post