Our partner

Up and Down Grieving

Open Discussions about Grief and Loss.

Up and Down Grieving

Postby tennman » Mon May 15, 2017 6:01 pm

I lost my mom in August at only 56. I seem to get better and then fall back into the pit again. I feel panicked and deeply sad. Then I get angry. Then I try not to think about it. It still doesn't seem like it CAN be real. I can't talk to her. I can't hug her. She can't be with her grandchildren. It hurts so bad.

I don't see how I can get over it because...nothing can bring her back. Sometimes it's hard to breathe. I'm just here...I'm not really sure why. I guess I think it will help. I'm watching my dad grieve as well. What a loss I've suffered. I don't know what else to say.
tennman
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Up and Down Grieving

Postby Tanzie » Fri May 26, 2017 12:50 am

I'm very sorry for your loss!
I think it's natural to have some ups and downs when it comes to grieving. For me, it tends to get worse whenever I'm generally in a bad place. The periods when I feel happier I'm less likely to think too much. For some it just takes more time to somewhat "recover". I lost my grandfather 11 years ago, and I still get into these periods where I just don't want to face the reality of him being gone forever.

And If you're talking about August of last year, it hasn't been that long after all - so don't feel like you're progressing too slow or anything. Take your time, and talk to someone if you feel the need to.
High on sarcasm.
Tanzie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Re: Up and Down Grieving

Postby maria10 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:33 pm

So sorry for your loss :( it's always hard losing people but at the age of 56 I can just imagine how difficult this must be for you. Although there is no 'normal' way to grieve for a person, it seems to me that what you're feeling is very normal considering the circumstances you are under. I'm not sure if this will be much help or not but what will heal you most is time ... In the meantime I think it might be useful to see a therapist, even if only initially to help with those up and down feelings and try your best to continue with your everyday life, I know it must be hard. Again, so sorry to hear about your loss, try your best to stay strong!
maria10
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:13 am

Return to Grief and Loss Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post