Our partner

I just want my mom back

Open Discussions about Grief and Loss.

Re: I just want my mom back

Postby good3Day » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:48 pm

The memories of my mom's last 15 hour haunted me for a period. While I still tear up when I think of that time, the intensity of the feelings has significantly decreased. It's been 2 1/2 years. I still really, really miss her, but I'm not incapacitated by the grief constantly.
good3Day
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby jonahf » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:51 am

Sorry to hear about your loss, I know you are grieving the death of most important person in your life. It would take some time for you to get over this but meanwhile do cry your heart out and its all right to feel bad but if you are too much disturbed then I would suggest consult a good therapist.

You must also try to remember and honor her in a positive manner, try to become a person you always want to be. You can also keep her memory alive by contributing to a good cause in her name.
jonahf
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby cleverley » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:41 am

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear of your suffering for the loss of your mother. I can understand your feelings, but you must be Strong, and your mom want to see a strong msangeedepp.
cleverley
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby pioneer07 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:13 pm

I feel the same way! Also do the same things! It is so hard...so fantastic! How would you ever get over this!! So hurt so lost so unresponsive! Don't have a clue how to handle it...Want to simply call her! I know I can't...so I read messages..Which I know may not be best however I only need to be near her someway!! Don't have a clue what to do!!
pioneer07
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby karen 13 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi,

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I recently went through something similar with my grandma.
it's very hard to remember to good times, every time I think of her I see her in the hospital, very thin and connected to tubes.
I tryed to find a way to remember her in the good days and times that we had together, and I found this website -https://infibond.com/ - you can bild an online memorial page with pictures and storyes, and sher it with your loved ones. When I started it was hard... but soon enough all the good memories started to come back.

I hope that will help you as well....
karen 13
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Zippyboo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:41 am

I created an account specifically to reply to your post. Its 3:30 AM and I've been unable to sleep and remembering mom and as if I can Google and make it all better I typed "I want my mom back" and came across your post. My mom died in January and I was there when she passed. I too struggle with how she suffered and how terribly I failed her at the end. She was my mother and I should have protected her and kept her from suffering. I wasted my last weeks with her and put her off when she tried to talk. The night she went into hospital I was impatient with her. And I love her with my entire heart and soul. How could I be so awful? How could she know how much I loved her when I failed her so terribly? It tears me apart.

But anyway, your situation sounds so much like mine, I have flashbacks too to those awful moments around her passing. And the timeframe too is similar. It sucks. It hurts. But you are not alone. We will get through.
Zippyboo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:56 am

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post