Our partner

my dog comet .he was my boy

A place to discuss the loss of a beloved pet.

my dog comet .he was my boy

Postby ladyBeverly » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Omg hard to believe as of September 10th it will be a year ago today. our beloved comet passed :cry: :cry: :cry: . He was a really great dog . he learned how to do tricks real quick :D He passed at the old age of 14 years . He was my buddy & kept me company while hubby worked . At one time for a while I had used him as a care dog. we would go to a local retirement home twice a week. HE LOVED IT :D untill it got be to MUCH for ME . So I stopped going. then later on in years he developed arthritis & was showing slight signs of incontinence . we managed with that . But once it looked like he was in some pain having troubles getting up & down . Well we had to what I feared . it was time to put him DOWN :roll: :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .back in the day the VET would for a small fee come out to your home BUT NOT NO MORE . So we had no choice but to take it to the local animal shelter .They have a special place there for that . We took the passinger seat out in the car to fit him in easer for him to get in . WORKED GREAT . We brought his favorite Blanket . He was a big lab/pitt bull & was like 20 pounds over weight . we got there. they give a little time with him :lol: :lol: . Then they give the SHOT :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . that was not the end of of it. Because he was such a big dog they HAD to give a second shot . By that time he was HALF DEAD but still HALF ALIVE :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . THAT PART OF IT WILL haunt me for the rest of my life . We folded the blanket around him & took him home .He was very well natured fast learner . Not like the dog in MARLEY & ME . But HE ENDED UP THE SAME WAY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I REALLY REALLY REALLY DO MISS HIM . almost to the letter he was like the movie . looked like the dog too :D . He is still close. we have a place out in the yard for all of our pets . most don't get to do that . :lol: .thank you for letting me talk about comet .
ladyBeverly
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: my dog comet .he was my boy

Postby scarecrow817 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 pm

It's a shame we can't extend the lifespan of animals the way we do ourselves. If it was a person then they would use mechanical devices/medications/surgery to help with things like that but with animals they get put down. It's not fair. Just ain't right.

May you sleep in peace Comet. :cry:
Get ready to die people! The government's gonna kill us!
scarecrow817
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Postby ladyBeverly » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 am

THANK YOU & hugs to you too . if you need to talk contact me! :lol:
ladyBeverly
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Postby scarecrow817 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Do you have another pet?
Get ready to die people! The government's gonna kill us!
scarecrow817
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Postby kimhellbert » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Is it really your boy well i didn't listen as well as about your information well nice felling with animals good you should increase it with them keep moving forward. :D
kimhellbert
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:37 am

Postby ycinsha » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 pm

hugs - i feel for you coz i lost my dog Ted 3 yearfs ago and it really rips out your heart. i feel for your loss, really. at least u had those years to spend with him. u gave him love and part of your live for all those years, and made his life good.
ycinsha
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Return to Pets