Our partner

my cat died almost 6 years ago and he was only 2

A place to discuss the loss of a beloved pet.

Re: my cat died almost 6 years ago and he was only 2

Postby pressing1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:47 am

I m in grief to heard about your loss. If black cat suited you then I suggest you for hiring new black cat. It will give you some relief.
pressing1
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Frequent Tears » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Imagine for a moment that the car that hit your cat was driven by none other than yourself. Talk about guilt along with grief. I did that with a basset puppy not even 5 months old. It was pure stupidity on my part and I backed over him in my driveway because I failed to look behind me to make sure he wasn't following me as I went to the car. Apparently, he went under the car as I got in. I looked back when I was in the car and there was no sign of him. I backed up and heard his scream as I felt the bump. no baby anything should ever die - certainly not with the mom at the helm. I had always wanted a basset and this was my dream dog. I don't deserve to have a basset. I don't deserve to have any dog.
Frequent Tears
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:08 am

Postby nightmareb4christmas » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Frequent Tears wrote:Imagine for a moment that the car that hit your cat was driven by none other than yourself. Talk about guilt along with grief. I did that with a basset puppy not even 5 months old. It was pure stupidity on my part and I backed over him in my driveway because I failed to look behind me to make sure he wasn't following me as I went to the car. Apparently, he went under the car as I got in. I looked back when I was in the car and there was no sign of him. I backed up and heard his scream as I felt the bump. no baby anything should ever die - certainly not with the mom at the helm. I had always wanted a basset and this was my dream dog. I don't deserve to have a basset. I don't deserve to have any dog.

did your dog die?
nightmareb4christmas
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jasmin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:28 pm

(((((((((((((((Frequent Tears))))))))))))))) That is awful! What happened was not your fault, it was an accident. It could have happened to any one.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby chorse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:18 pm

I feel for the grief of everyone here losing a beloved. I have great experience with grief. I've lost both parents, a brother, all my grandparents, all of my aunts and uncles...and I've lost numerous pets, which has been the equivalent of losing a child for me. I can say it does not get any easier, no matter how you may think one grief prepares you for dealing with the next. I feel that after each period of loss, my life has turned different, as if it has become a new chapter. Often a nightmarish chapter. I've had no choice but to continue on. Many times I've dwelled in the grief, for years. This is where I think you're stuck at ((((nb4c)))).

Whether or not this serves a function for you is what you might ask yourself. Sometimes extended grief is purposeful. It can be a process of hardening yourself to future loss. Other times, it can be a sign that the grief was suppressed and not dealt with in a healthy manner. It sounds as if your family bullying you and suppressing your rightful feelings may have gotten you stuck in a spot where you dwell in the harhness of blackcat's demise. You must give yourself permission to grieve as you feel is necessary for you, not for what your family believes is neccessary. Repetition of self awareness and rewarding yourself with measures that boost your self confidence, will help you "allow" yourself to feel whatever you feel, reguardless of other's reactions to you. You are the only one who can look for and find the gift of knowing blackcat, however brief you knew him. You were blessed by his presence, and can continue to be blessed by the positive memories you have of him.

At some point, you'll have to say that you don't care, and really feel that you don't care what your family thinks of you or your reactions, or how you handle life situations. Since you're old enough to be on your own, it may be a valid solution to attempt being more independent and finding a place of your own away from the people who have little empathy for you. Perhaps that may not be a viable solution for you at this time, but a possible goal you can set for yourself to strive for in the future. Try to surround yourself with people who treat you kindly, and those you admire and respect, and you will get that gift in return from them.

Each living creature we encounter has unique gifts for us. One of the things I think of that helps to keep me going, is to realize the countless population of animals in this world leading cruel and harsh existences, and the fact that we as conscious human beings, can help rescue them from this existence. You did this for blackcat and gave him a life he enjoyed and was grateful for. You lost him. You might find solace in the fact that he did have pleasure while he was with you, and found the kindness (however briefly) he deserved. There is another creature out there, waiting for you to help them, and give kindness to them...please don't close your heart to this possibility. Just as blackcat needed you, there are many others like him who desperately need you and the love you have to give.

Best wishes, chorse
Sun, sun, sun - high's in the 80's all week.
chorse
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby chorse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 pm

(((((frequenttears))))) yes this must be truly difficult to bear losing your bassett hound puppy. But it was an accident. Please don't punish yourself for this. I can truly empathise with your feelings, as my cats often follow me out as I get into the car and I'm always worried one may have been underneath as I back out.

My husband's grandma had the very same accident as you, with her poodle, and was heartbroken. After I heard about this happening I was so paranoid I would have the same accident with one of my cats, as they often lay around the car in the driveway, and even sit on the tires for the shade.

God bless, chorse
Sun, sun, sun - high's in the 80's all week.
chorse
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Mayhem » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm

My cat died last month. She was 2. She contracted hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease) and passed away after being ressucitated. It's sick to think that the world would steal a pet so young from you, and some people tend not to understand because it's "just a pet" and you can "get another one". It's like losing a child, you can't replace someone that special. Of course you're still going to hurt. Just remember the good times you shared and be happy that the two of you were able to experience those times together, good and bad. It was worth losing my kitty to have known her.
Music In Silence | http://music-in-silence.blogspot.com
Please visit my blog, which I will be updating with thoughts
and experiences on my journey as an aspie musician!
Mayhem
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:08 am

Postby jasmin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:09 pm

((((((((Mayhem)))))))) I'm sorry about your kittie.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SmallTalkRed » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Mayhem...I am sorry to hear about your young cat becoming sick.
I have lost cats as young as 1 year and half to illness and a cat that lived 20 years.
It is never easy. never. But you are right, you get to know a amazing animal ( cats)

peace to you,
red
SmallTalkRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:08 am

Postby CSIlover » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:49 am

Mayhem wrote:My cat died last month. She was 2. She contracted hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease) and passed away after being ressucitated. It's sick to think that the world would steal a pet so young from you, and some people tend not to understand because it's "just a pet" and you can "get another one". It's like losing a child, you can't replace someone that special. Of course you're still going to hurt. Just remember the good times you shared and be happy that the two of you were able to experience those times together, good and bad. It was worth losing my kitty to have known her.

Exactly. I'm sorry to hear about your cat though.

No cockatiel will ever replace my baby Shadow....
Fanfiction.net: StaraptorEmpoleon
:D
CSIlover
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 am

Previous

Return to Pets

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views