Our partner

Dogs died soon after my husband's father passed

A place to discuss the loss of a beloved pet.

Dogs died soon after my husband's father passed

Postby zoeyw » Wed May 13, 2020 7:46 am

I had heard of such things, but had never bees so close to an incident like this. Within a few months of my husband's father passing, both his dogs died within six weeks of each other. Yes the dogs were 12-13 years old, but the quickness with which these deaths happened, came as quite a shock. Now the garden feels desolate without them, but my mother-in-law is hesitant to get another, because she does not want to be the primary caregiver for a pet. Did the dogs die of grief? We will never know.
zoeyw
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dogs died soon after my husband's father passed

Postby Snaga » Thu May 14, 2020 7:05 pm

I've seen dogs fade away, when they know their owner is passed away- and dogs can be pretty smart about such things, in my estimation. I'm not at all surprised by your story.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby zoeyw » Fri May 15, 2020 7:39 am

I just wish they hadn't both gone so soon.
zoeyw
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Wally58 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:18 am

Animals can feel grief, especially when a bond of love and trust is suddenly not there anymore.
I am never the same after losing a dear pet, but that would never stop me from befriending a new one.
My past couple of cats have been from rescue shelters. The need is great and the shelters need support. The caregivers like happy endings when an animal and new owner are brought together. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:05 pm

Return to Pets

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post