Our partner

loss of a pet

A place to discuss the loss of a beloved pet.

loss of a pet

Postby e_motionless » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:06 pm

My 7 month old yorkshire terrier passed away sometime over the night while I was sleeping. I know it's silly and some might say im dramatic because its "just a dog". To me, she was more than that. She was like my daughter. She was sick for about a week and had a vets appointment today at 3:30. I'm glad shes not sick anymore, but it kills me from the inside that shes gone. It was hard to bury her. I didn't want my "daughter" in the ground, I wanted her to wake up and jump in my arms. I cried for hours and missed school. It may be a sorry excuse to others, but I just couldnt bring myself to get out of bed. Her name was Ava and we were really close. So close that I wanted to go with her. I want her so bad back in my arms and for things to be the way they were before she got sick. :cry:
words like violence.
e_motionless
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:48 pm

I'm sorry honey. I lost a cat this year and it still hurts when I think about her. I'm sorry for the loss of Ava, so young.
Hang in there.
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Postby awkwurd » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:24 am

jk
Last edited by awkwurd on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awkwurd
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Still Grieving the lost of my cat Tigger

Postby survivor101 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 pm

Dear E-motionless:
I'm so sorry about your dog Ava. It's so hard to lose a pet. And no you are not being silly or crazy for mourning her.

Last year someone ran over my cat "TIGGER" when I was at work. She was killed instantly. My bf called me at work, and I bust out crying. Now not only do I miss my cat, which was a member of the family, but I lost my mom this past Feb, 2006 due to liver/lung cancer. So, I'm totally bummed out and deeply depressed over it all.
I'm trying to take each day as it comes. Hang in there and write here so we can talk, your friend Survivor101

having someone to talk to helps!![quote][/quote]
survivor101
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Postby e_motionless » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:05 am

i appreciate all the support. its been really hard not having her around anymore. i know it'll take time. & thanks for sharing your stories, it helps knowing im not alone. =] it'll hurt for awhile, but she'll always be in my heart.
words like violence.
e_motionless
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Postby sweetngentle » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:19 am

awww.....I know somewhat how you feel. I've lost to dogs due to sickness. Nothing was spared financially, but they died anyways. I'm soooo sorry about your loved one. I don't think you're being rediculous at all. Right now I have a cat who is my "baby". If anything were to happen to her I just don't think I would get another pet. You lose your heart to them.

Take Care,
Sweetngentle
Blessed are those
who can give without
remembering, and take
without forgetting.
sweetngentle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Postby cJo » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:26 am

e~motion

I am so sorry. :( I have lost several pets over the last several years. Most of them had lived quite lengthy lives. I cannot imagine loosing a puppy. A kitty I had for 16 years I had to put to sleep on Memorial day this year, we were very close.
In November last year my sister's cat who came to live with me when my sister passed away had to be put to sleep in early Nov. 05'. Something that helped for me; I certainly was not ready to get a new kitty at that point but my local humane society had a program to sponsor animals to reduce their adoption fee. I sponsored several of them in hopes they would get a home for Christmas. I did this all on line where I could read the bios of all the animals and how long they had been there. Well, long story short the day after Christmas I went down and adopted one of those cats. She is an emense joy in my life.
I am not suggesting you get another pet, but maybe do something in Ava's honor or memory. It helps others know how much she meant to you and can possibly help other animals and yourself. Part of her will live on!

((((e~motion))))((((Ava))))

cJo
When you find something you love, live a life that shows it!
cJo
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Postby anastassia » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 pm

Go to this site: www.realovercoming.com It's a self-help community of overcomers who successfully coped with issues similar to yours. I think you can get great tips there on dealing with your problem as well as support and understanding.
anastassia
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

e_motionless

Postby yellowrose9 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:51 am

i dont think yo uare silly at all, it will be a year that i lost my daughter a sweet maltese, named petunia, she wa sthe neatest animal, i loved he as much as life, she became my life for 7 years !!

when she was born her mommy didnt take her sack off , i pulled it off, i found later that she had health problems during her 2nd round of shots, she went into a seizure and cont to hav e them for 7 years !!

we bonded so much during those times as i had to give her cpr and mouth to nose!! this kept her alivde for 7 years!! she never got her shots ever again, i babied her and we bonded , she passed when i was on the telephone, i had just seen her jumping around and told her i wil play with yo uin a minute when i got off the phone she was gone, it was awful, i cried and still cry sometimes everydday, who cares what others think, we love deeply , i would rather love than not at all! yellowrose9
yellowrose9
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Pets

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post