Our partner

Friend's Dog Died - What do I do?

A place to discuss the loss of a beloved pet.

Friend's Dog Died - What do I do?

Postby NotMe » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:27 pm

A coworker of mine, whom I consider a casual friend, just lost her dog. I'm not really close to this person but I consider her a friend. I would like to buy her a sympathy card or show my sympathy in some way, but I'm afraid it will just upset her more by reminding her of her loss. She seems to be an emotional person so that makes it harder to decide if that's the right thing to do.
Anyone have any insight on what would be OK in this situation?
Thanks for your interest!
NotMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Friend's Dog Died - What do I do?

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:47 pm

I think it would be a very kind gesture to buy your co-worker a sympathy card. I don't think you can upset her more by giving her a sympathy card, than she already is at losing her dog. She will probably be touched to think you care enough to make the gesture.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby skinhead ginge » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Just go ahead with expressing your feelings of sympathy for her. I own dogs and am no "animal lover" but have noticed the main common factor in almost all other dog owners in this situation is this THEY ARE ALONE IN THE GRIEVING PROCESS with the exception of other dog owners. You don't have to love or even like dogs yourself you just have to respect that she does and act appropriately.
"someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool" by some fat punk rocker possibly the greatest sentence ever written.
skinhead ginge
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby NotMe » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks very much for your replies Trojan and Skinhead. I am a big animal lover who just lost a pet about a month ago so I know what my friend is going through. I think I'll go out and buy that sympathy card now. Thanks again for your replies - they really helped!!
NotMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Pets

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post