Our partner

My Mouse, Roody

A place to discuss the loss of a beloved pet.

My Mouse, Roody

Postby Caitpika » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 am

My mouse died Last year. I'm still greving. I still go through depression and I cut myself. I take meds but they barely work. I stopped cutting. My mouse was like my life...He died on my dads chest with a towel under his mouse body.He breathed heavily and I could not take it. He needed a clean cage but I was to stupid and Lazy to give it to him. He was really cute , a year and a half old. As he was dying on my dad I ran upstairs crying and it hurt so bad...I hyper ventilated ..My mom ran upstairs and I cried on her it was a really hard day...I felt guilt...So now in febuary I bought a hamster and he died within a week...I feel guilty and tramatized....I can't bare but think suicidal.
Caitpika
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My Mouse, Roody

Postby janjones » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 pm

I’m sorry you lost Roody, hon. I’ve never had a pet mouse but from what I have read, their average lifespan is only about 2 years, so I’m not sure you should be blaming yourself for not cleaning his cage enough as it’s possible that wasn’t a factor, or not as much of one as you think. We aren't born knowing how to take care of pets; it's something we learn. I'm sure you would do it better now if you had to do it over. I’m sorry your hamster died as well. If he died that quickly, it’s quite possible he was sick when you got him from the pet store.

If you do have urges to cut or hurt yourself please tell your parents, okay?
*hugs* and take care,
Jan
I am not on the forum much these days. Please contact another staff member. Thank you.
janjones
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Caitpika » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks for the reply :) I told my parents and they know so I hope everything goes okay. :)
Caitlin
Caitpika
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby janjones » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I'm glad you were able to tell your parents. I know it can be difficult to talk about those kind of things. I hope everything goes okay (or better! :) ) too.
Best wishes,
Jan
I am not on the forum much these days. Please contact another staff member. Thank you.
janjones
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Caitpika » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:03 am

Thank you! :)
Caitpika
Consumer 2
Consumer 2