Our partner

anxiety over bothering others

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

anxiety over bothering others

Postby Coraline88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:19 pm

I have schizophrenia and ptsd. That comes with major anxiety. I am terrified of emotionally-hurting, disappointing, bothering, or even angering the people I love. If I make a mistake, no matter how kind or gently someone tells me their feelings are bothered...my heart races, my mind tangles, and my stomach hurts, and sometimes I faint. This morning, I was trying to help someone I was worried about, but I was stupid, and ended up really bothering him. They assured me it was all right, just to not do it again and not to exaggerate. I didn't show him I was upset other than profound apologies, but I'm sure he knew. I don't want to show it either. It would make it all about me, instead about him. It should've been just about him as he was the one hurt by my actions! Still, how I wish I didn't try to help at all, because now my body/mind just feels like it should hide away forever. I don't like to do that to my friends or family. Sometimes I wish I could tell them how I feel, but that would make it impossible to be in any sort of ship with me. My friend certainly knows it though...he has to walk on eggshells with me, which I hate! I tell him not to, and try my best not to get upset when he's being so, so reasonable in his direction. That's just one person, but he has a whole world of his own, and I don't want to badly affect that. If anyone has any tips on how to reel in the anxiety, how to focus on the other person when one has made a hurtful mistake, and how to learn and get over it, I'd be so, so grateful! Anyone?
Coraline88
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post