Our partner

My Anxiety Is Blocking My Comprehension

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

My Anxiety Is Blocking My Comprehension

Postby CammieMe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:06 pm

Whenever I read, watch a movie, or talk to someone, my mind is somewhere else. I tend to think of something else. Like if I forgot to turn something off, or I'm thinking of what to do next. I end up not understanding what I just heard at the present. This is hard. What do I do?
CammieMe
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My Anxiety Is Blocking My Comprehension

Postby Snaga » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:33 am

Well you could do what I do, and ignore it.

I mean if I'm going to worry about that, I'll never stop being anxious.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:33 am

Re: My Anxiety Is Blocking My Comprehension

Postby Igneous » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:30 pm

CammieMe wrote:Whenever I read, watch a movie, or talk to someone, my mind is somewhere else. I tend to think of something else. Like if I forgot to turn something off, or I'm thinking of what to do next. I end up not understanding what I just heard at the present. This is hard. What do I do?

The thing about having anxiety and that is we're never bored! There's a lot going on in our heads all at once. It's a busy place, our mind. But as you said, you can't comprehend what's going on in the present. How can you enjoy one thing when you have to choose all the time? Life's full of distractions, but you can fight them with small steps.

Stop the thoughts going on in your mind and your electric gadgets for a few seconds. Try it, it's hard, I know. But just do it once. Thoughts of past anger, the scary future, the awful news on the internet now, turn it off for a sec and just notice the moment now where you are sitting or standing. These precious few seconds of your life where you notice things right now in real time? Things are probably not too bad.
Igneous
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:33 am

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post