Our partner

Severe Anxiety about being alone

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Severe Anxiety about being alone

Postby pasc345 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:35 am

Hello,
I was diagnosed with GAD back in 2006. I have regular anxiety attacks, especially in the evening before going to bed. Especially, I am very anxious about being alone. I am 35. I live with my mom (I don't like living alone)..I have no partner or boyfriend, I have no other family than my mom. And I know that one day my mom will be gone. I have severe anxiety attacks about this.. about staying completely alone without anyone.. I am worried what if I lose my job or not be able to have a job and I won't be able to pay the mortgage and I'll be in the street.. what if something happens to me.. and nobody will be around to help me! Is it normal to be that anxious? Do you think I can overcome this anxiety? Do you think I can live alone without a man and without anyone and be ok?
thanks for your advice!
pasc345
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Severe Anxiety about being alone

Postby Snaga » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:54 am

I'm sorry to hear about the panic attacks- do you get any therapy, or take anything to take the edge off the anxiety?

No matter what we think we can or can't do, it seems we can do rather more than we think- don't put the cart before the horse. Why don't you worry about it, when you get there- you talk about the fear of losing your job, so you work, yes? And I also had great fear of losing my job- which I in fact, have (thanks, 2020). I will... do what has to be done, somehow. I have no choice. We can do this.

pasc345 wrote:Do you think I can live alone without a man

Of course- but do you want to? Don't give up hope just yet, sweetie- I was a late bloomer in the significant other department, and I know others. 35 is nothing.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Postby AprilR » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Hello. I relate to what you say, i have also had anxiety probably all my life. I also have ocd and probably autism.
I am also very scared to be alone without my parents. I live alone now to prepare for the time my parents will not be around. I was also very anxious to marry as soon as possible in the past because i was scared of being alone.
I even flirted with people i didn't like.

I don't have an answer to your problem as i am struggling with the same thing. I wish i lived in a commune or such so there would be people around me without me having to marry.
AprilR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:09 am

Postby Snaga » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:00 pm

The idea of a monastic life, appeals to me now and again.... I couldn't do it of course, but the idea of being cloistered in a small community is strangely compelling.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post