Our partner

is this a symptom of anxiety?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

is this a symptom of anxiety?

Postby jaderbug » Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 am

for the past few weeks, i have been constantly needing to urinate and no matter what it feels as if i cannot get everytbing out. it is also painful once it comes out. i have been tested about 3 times now for any infections/bacteria and i have none in my kidneys or bladder. i’m wondering if this is a symptom of anxiety because i have had nonstop anxiety for about a month now.
jaderbug
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: is this a symptom of anxiety?

Postby Wally58 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 pm

If the urologist is at a loss to explain the frequency and retention, it may very well be anxiety.
I have also cut way back on coffee and orange juice in the AM. I used to drink from the water fountains frequently whenever I walked past one, even if I wasn't thirsty.
I have cut down my salt intake, particularly nitride and nitrate-containing foods and drinks. Soda is among the worst offenders. Sitting a lot can increase urge frequency.
I am fine on weekends at home, but when I am under pressure and very active at work is when I can have issues.
I used to be on medications and diuretics that gave me dry-mouth and I was always drinking water.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post