Our partner

How are you feeling today?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

How are you feeling today?

Postby Snaga » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:22 pm

A sticky thread, to vent/talk/opine about how we're feeling today, from a GAD standpoint. But not exclusively confined to only anxiety...

And to start with.

Merry Christmas!

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How are you feeling today?

Postby khryme1337 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Every day feeling better/worse :lol: :roll: My physical symptoms just keep coming,changing,being confused all the time by the fact that I have a serious health disease,but still trying to live like I used to do. :mrgreen:
khryme1337
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Postby MidBloomer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:55 am

I had a fight with my son a couple days ago and have been feeling worried and anxious about it. A lot of childhood memories flashed to my mind, ones that I haven't thought about in decades. Lots of shame for both of us.

My anxiety tends to sneak up on me, and it's usually worse than I realized by the time I realize how profound it is. I had that realization today. Overcast/rainy day didn't help, not just for mood, but I could use some exercise and fresh air, but I'm stuck inside.
MidBloomer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:30 am

Postby Jamie514 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 am

Snaga wrote:A sticky thread, to vent/talk/opine about how we're feeling today, from a GAD standpoint. But not exclusively confined to only anxiety...

And to start with.

Merry Christmas!

Today, I'm felling good. I take my meals which is very tasty. You know, regularly I check my pressure up. Today was the date of check up, now I'm preparing to go there.
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby turnuptheradio » Wed May 03, 2017 1:24 pm

like there's really something wrong with me. i can't tell if i am transgender, or just depressed because i haven't made any friends in 2 years, or if i have GAD which is causing me to avoid certain social situations. i just have no idea
turnuptheradio
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 am

turnuptheradio wrote:like there's really something wrong with me. i can't tell if i am transgender, or just depressed because i haven't made any friends in 2 years, or if i have GAD which is causing me to avoid certain social situations. i just have no idea

Do you fear being transgender?

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby jetstar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:10 pm

not good, but not bad either (compared to other times)

before i have a panic attack i have a creeping feeling like its about to come.
so i do whatever i need to do FAST before it strikes me and then im completely immobilized and unable to think
jetstar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:30 pm

Postby Wally58 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:42 am

I usually recognize the onset of a panic attack first by a change in breathing. Like a tightness or mild suffocation. The problem is I would hyper-ventilate, get all numb and tingly like I was having a heart attack or stroke. Too much air still felt like not enough.
Recognizing the onset can help divert or diffuse the attack. It has been a while since I had one that just took things over.

How am I feeling? Somewhat stressed because of the Thanksgiving holiday and coming Christmas. Family expectations and pressure. Work asked me for overtime, but I declined. I feel a bit guilty about that.

Snaga, it is good to see a Bugs Bunny Santa Claus. I miss your Bugs Bunny avatars. :mrgreen:
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:30 pm

Postby Snaga » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:07 am

yeah I really enjoyed them for a while... ofc right now, all remote avvies are disabled, but when the new site gets started they should be back.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Survivor8484 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:05 pm

I've been struggling emotionally with filing for SSDI, and asking myself about how people will treat me if I get it. My family is often denying I have problems to me which only makes it worse.
If I get it, I plan to live away from them very permanently. They definately have contributed to my triggers during my whole life. I feel like disempowered so much of the time being in their lives. It hurts a lot and they have no idea how they contribute to it, or my cycles of fearful behavior.
I may move in a week or so to the state and area I would prefer. I am glad that is on the table and may come to fruition soon. I'm listening to a lot of spiritual type of supportive videos online and that is helping. I will see old acquaintances tomorrow morning and Friday I think too, so that is very helpful.
Survivor8484
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:30 am

Next

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post