Our partner

How are you feeling today?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Re: How are you feeling today?

Postby Snaga » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Daggone, supposed to leave all that behind on your day off...

Ah well sometimes it's going to happen. Sorry to hear about that. Hope it gets better soon. Vent at me in pm if you need to. You know I often feel your pain when it comes to work $#%^.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Overwhelmed

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Igneous » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:14 pm

I’m feeling relieved that I talked myself out of a panic attack beginning to form as I was driving.
As I noticed symptoms of blurry vision, headache and a constricted throat, I told myself that it’s not a stroke - and the blur? You need to clean your glasses lens! Keep going, you will live. It also helps to know that my dear mate would come to my aid if I went over the line.
Igneous
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:46 pm

I used to have wicked panic attacks- I am starting to have them again, in a small way- but I'm also at an age where things really could be wrong with me, ha. But anyway in my 20s I had wicked, full-on panic attacks that would hit out of the blue, and it took me finally standing my ground and riding them out (instead of retreating from wherever it was that I was having it at), to make any headway with them. I just decided that since I knew it was a panic attack, I wasn't fixin' to die, and I didn't care I wasn't going to mollify it with retreating. Eventually they subsided.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Igneous » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:26 pm

Snaga wrote:I am starting to have them again, in a small way- but I'm also at an age where things really could be wrong with me, ha.

Pretty much the same with me. I had my first, at least I think it was the first, panic attack about 20 years ago. I didn't really know what a panic attack was at that time, and I felt like I was having a heart attack, but I told myself, that's crazy, I was just too young. But to be safe, went to the doctor to check my condition. Internal issues checked out normal, so I was diagnosed with anxiety. The doctor's words? "You're a mess." Her remark made me feel worse about myself. Not exactly healing words! I found a different general practitioner after that that could respect and understand me. Sadly, it's not the first time a health care worker has reacted like that after the outcome was a panic attack. One nurse got mad at me when she found out that I wasn't on any psych meds. It was like it was my fault and I wasted her time. The last time I went to the hospital for heart attack-like symptoms, the doctor was very understanding and told me that I was safe there at the hospital, and will continue to be safe after returning home. Those were healing words. Nowadays, I think health care practitioners are better at dealing with anxiety disorder patients.

Now I'm at the age where a heart attack or stroke could happen. I still have onsets of panic attacks every once in a while. I use the mental tools to bring myself down from a full out panic, which is to say to myself that I'm not dying, having a stroke or heart attack. It's ironic that now I could actually have something other than just a panic attack, but being relaxed can only help to prevent any of these problems.
Igneous
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:59 am

That is true; being wound up is liable to bring about that very thing. And the past year has been rough.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post