Our partner

The Power Of The Mind

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Re: The Power Of The Mind

Postby blackeye » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Great post. The mind really is so powerful! Can make you believe anything. I often thought I was dying and pass out from the stress.
blackeye
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Smile_ED » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:09 am

I tried different mind-body techniques
*mod edit*
3. CBT (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy)
4. breathing exercises

I hope things work out for you.
Smile_ED
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:13 pm

Postby KevinStuart » Mon May 02, 2016 5:47 am

Thanks for the nice post... Great !!!
KevinStuart
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 am

Postby Jamie514 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 am

Butterfly Faerie wrote:The Power Of The Mind example:

2 researchers were walking through the jungle, they were near the equator where they set up came for the night. It was scorching hot that day and night that one of the researchers woke up in a cold sweat and couldn't get back to sleep. All he wanted to do was get some air and cool his body down so he could go back to sleep. He heard a zipper and instantly felt cool air coming into the tent and was able to fall back asleep.

The next morning he turns to the other researcher and says, thanks for opening the tent last night so I could sleep better. The researcher replies, I didn't open the tent, zipped down my sleeping bag.

The power of the mind, maybe that is what you were expierencing.

There is a situation that i've expierenced with this, my psychairist told me about this, and I've posted it. Maybe I will share mine in time. It's weird.

It's really superb post so far. Really good one; love it !!!
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:13 pm

Postby maria10 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Love this! Kind of links back to the placebo effect in a way! Crazy to think that even 'fake' pain killers can produce biological changes and relieve physical symptoms. The mind is a very powerful mechanism!
maria10
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Postby DestinyDenied » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:58 am

I didnt understand the ending, so now I'm lost.
DestinyDenied
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:13 pm

Postby beared86 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Great post! Reminds me of some of the rewiring exercises I am doing with the Youper app. It is incredible how interpretation or perception steers us to beliefs. Thanks!
beared86
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:13 am

Postby FFTP » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:29 am

if you search youtube for the rice jar thought experiment, it shows that our thoughts and words can literally effect the molecules of water, proving that our thoughts really do effect reality, I think they hide that stuff from us on purpose, they like when were stupid and easy to brainwash and manipulate, do NOT watch television, it's called "regularly scheduled programming" for a reason, who knows if they still use subliminal messages in like everything we interact with on the daily, it's proven that advertisers use certain colors and certain pictures to evoke emotions in us and get us to feel a certain way, they've been doing that since back in the day, knowing that, who knows how sophisticated their brainwashing has become, i'm terrified of one day not even knowing that i'm doing something someone else wants me to do because of something i didn't even know was controlling me or changing my behavior, theirs already things going on that we have no idea about, and it's not like anyones going to inform us that we're lemmings, i mean.... who wants to be a whistle blower when you see people hanging from scarves from doorknobs being labeled a "suicide" right after they leaked something, sad, but that is the orwellian society in which we live, i just want to live off grid and not even be around a place with people in it, it's getting too damn scary.
FFTP
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:13 pm

Postby LynnGonzalez » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 am

Hey, this is a really great informative post.
LynnGonzalez
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:43 am

Postby CoolUser910 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:12 am

This is a great post, no doubt that mind is the most powerful tool that humans possess, it can be used to help you to succeed or confine you to a life of misery. Mind power can be strengthened to make changes in your life.
CoolUser910
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:13 am

Previous

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post