Our partner

How are you feeling today?

Gender Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, Tyler

How are you feeling today?

Postby Snaga » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Just a thread for anyone who lurks this forum to say how they're feeling on a day by day basis, we have the same thing in several other forums, that centers mostly (but not exclusively) around the issue that the forum covers (self harm, OCD, etc) so this is from a Gender Identity standpoint, but not exclusively so.

So to start off with, for them what celebrate it, Merry Christmas!

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How are you feeling today?

Postby helloagain » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:52 pm

There is a sticky thread with the same topic in other forums. So can this be made sticky?
helloagain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:51 am

Postby Snaga » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:25 pm

It is a sticky, yes. :)

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby MsDiclonius » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:54 pm

A little stressed out, but alright for the most part.
MsDiclonius
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby pamela2706 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:20 am

To be honest a day is too big a unit! :)
Yesterday I went through a whole gamut of emotions - happy (dressed and out), sad (kids coming round so male clothes on and make-up off) to optimistic (life plan with a target date for full-time Pamela mode!) :D
pamela2706
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Postby Electric_soul » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 pm

hello everyone, it's been several months since I last posted here. ( I usually post in SI Forum, but thought I'd drop by here too) I just wanted to say that I've been on testosterone for 5 months now. I'm loving every minute of it. I'm finally becoming the person I was always! there's been quite afew changes: The one I'm most proud of is the fact my voice has deepened considerably already; for those who don't know technically a 'womans' voice box isn't intended to deepen with puberty, so people like myself (transgender men) usually don't go quite as vocally deep as those who are none-transgender. but for me, as afew people have put it; I sound like Barry White! I use a different part of my voice box to talk as my proper vocal chords were damaged as a baby, so I actually talk using my false vocal chords. these are similar but usually far weaker pair of muscles that sit above our proper (albeit useless) vocal chords. I'm not stammering any more, and I'm louder AND deeper! It can take upto a year before the vocals settle down, but I'm going deeper and deeper with every month that goes by! My voice broke really early; at 3 weeks, when it typically breaks at around 2 or 3months! I've not self harmed for over a year, I'm in such a positive and happy place. It's a shame that my Dad isn't here to see the man who was under his nose all that time before he passed away 2 and half years ago.
Electric_soul
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Snaga » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Wow and hugs, Electric! Glad to see you dropping by this forum, btw.... especially it not being self-harm!

Everything sounds really great and we appreciate the update. It all sounds very encouraging and that's great about your voice, too!

Electric_soul wrote:I'm not stammering any more

The change is evident even in your writing, it's hard to put a finger on it but to me, even via the written word, you appear much more confident and sharpened- it's wonderful seeing the change in you! Warm hugs your way- extremely happy for you.... you've become such an encouragement for others here in forum.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Electric_soul » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Hiya, It's been a couple of months since I posted and I just thought I'd update you all - I hit 6 months on testosterone last week - I'm a happy man.
Electric_soul
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Electric_soul » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Hiya everyone!! It's been afew months since I posted here - I'm in really good place :)
I'm starting to get facial hair - I'm letting it grow for awhile and seeing how it looks - my voice has finished deepening - I can't think of any famous people to compare to - but my voice is Bass level deep and husky - with me using the false vocal chords only { my proper vocal chords were permanently damaged as a baby] - I can do death metal type screaming - surely there's not many people who are naturally Bass but yet can do death metal screaming too!! I'm still on track to have my top surgery next year or the first few months of 2020. I'm happy.
Electric_soul
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Snaga » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:31 am

Thanks for checking in with us! We always love hearing good news!

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Next

Return to Gender Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post