Our partner

Rock Bottom

Gambling Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Rock Bottom

Postby Aries411 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:28 am

As I was posting on another board, I was curious what was your Rock Bottom?

Usually, it takes a Rock Bottom for someone to finally change things around really get on the path of recovery. If you didn't hit a Rock Bottom, what did you do mentally to change things around. I wish I was in the second category, so I wouldn't have wasted so much of my life...

For me, my Rock Bottom was when my wife went through out bank accounts and saw I was taking out large sums of money each day. I had no lie left and had to tell her the truth. That day was when she found out about my addiction and I thought my life was ending..... Such a horrible day, but it eventually became the most important day in my life
Aries411
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Rock Bottom

Postby NewSunRising » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:31 pm

My rock bottom was the last payday of 2015 after my company switched us to an end of month pay period instead of every 2 weeks . At 2:00 in the afternoon on December 31, after paying bills and rent , I had $250 to get me through January . I caved in to the urge to gamble ( you could increase that amount and have more money if you're lucky ! ). I lost all but $50 of it .

The next 30 days were spent living at below poverty level , having roughly $1.50 a day for any expenses that may come up . It was a sobering experience and in hindsight , a good one . Having to wait entire month for the next paycheck actually made me fear losing what little I had left . Having no money made it impossible to gamble . It became the strategy I employed over the next year of my recovery journey .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Gambling Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post