Our partner

I am such a weak person

Gambling Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: I am such a weak person

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:00 am

I'm very happy for you Shanky !

It must be a tremendous relief to you . I want to urge you to be vigilant though . When I was gambling and desperately in debt , I had a few fortunate moments ( unexpected work bonuses ) that allowed me to pay off some urgent debt .

As soon as it was paid , my addiction told me " The emergency is over ! You can still gamble , but this time you won't lose control ! All you have to do is follow these rules : Only a little , only on weekends , only with a $$ limit , etc., etc. ...) "

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ! This addiction will tell you anything so it can keep itself alive . It's all lies . I followed these self-imposed " rules " for about a week , then I spiraled out of control faster than I ever had before .

You are still very early in your recovery journey . The financial stress may be less but the addiction is still there , waiting for its chance to talk its way back into you life .

You're doing great , stay strong and stay on your guard .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby lookforward » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:07 am

Hello Shanky,

I am trully happy for you. I can only continue to cheer for you and hope you can keep on the right track. Keep focused and keep strong!

Congrats!
lookforward
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:46 am
Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby shanky1987 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:58 pm

64 days!! I am clean, happy and proud!!

Life is good :)

Will keep you posted!!

Ciao!!
shanky1987
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:46 am

Postby yahoocoau » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:30 am

Hey Shanky kudos for staying away from betting!

I read all your posts and I can see myself in you!!!

The only thing is that you are so brave unlike me. I could never share my addiction with anyone, but you had the courage to ask for support from your loved ones.

I am only thankful to this wonderful forum where I got all the motivation and technique to quit gambling.

I am 300+ days gambling free and I love my life.

I hope you never go back to the darkside again.
yahoocoau
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby shanky1987 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:24 am

Thanks everyone for the support and replying to me.

I would like to say that I have NOT disappointed you!!

100 days!!! and I am clean as a whistle :D Now a days I am realizing the value of each day without gambling when things are going crazy because of Corona Virus. Everyday I am understanding how important it is to have some savings in your bank account when you never know when can you lose your job.

Also as I was using this time to do something productive, I am happy to say that few days before I have cleared the German A1 Level Language exam :)

As promised, I will keep you posted abut the updates.

Cheers,
Shanky
shanky1987
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:01 am

Shanky , I am so proud of you ! Thank you for sharing such an inspiring update . Here's to your first 100 days of being free from gambling addiction . I wish you many hundreds more.

As for passing your exam - Herzlichen Glückwunsch ! ( I googled that . :mrgreen: )

NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby shanky1987 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:51 pm

ha ha ha.. Thank you so much for the cake NSR :) Whatever I am able to do so far, you have a big role in that. You and other friends from the forum were there to bring some hope when I was completely lost.

thanks once again!! :)
shanky1987
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby shanky1987 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:19 am

Hello my friends,

How are you doing? I came back again just to say that I have still not disappointed you and have completed 150 days clean and clear!! Woohhhooo :D

During this time I am keeping an eye on EACH AND EVERY expense of mine in an excel sheet so that I can cut where its needed and can save as much as possible. Not getting calls from people for money is a HUGE RELIEF. Slowly slowly I am getting my self confidence back and relationship with family is back on track.

Now I spend more and more time with my son and wife which was very rare during my gambling addiction. We play Xbox, board games, watch movies together, go out for a walk and have ice creams, Friday night Pizza and so on... Now a days I realize more that what a fool I was and how I missed these precious moments!!

As I said, now there is no pressure of people asking for money so I dont have any temptation for gambling. I know its a life long battle and 150 days is a small duration but my determination is becoming stronger and stronger day by day.

DOES NOT MATTER HOW BAD YOUR SITUATION IS, HOW BAD YOUR DEBT IS, HOW BAD YOUR LIFE IS.... IF YOU QUIT GAMBLING TODAY THEN YOU CAN COME OUT OF IT. BELIEVE ME YOU CAN, JUST QUIT AND THINGS WILL CHANGE AUTOMATICALLY!!!

I hope everyone is healthy and safe!!

See you again after few days!!

Cheers,
Shanky
shanky1987
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 am

Congratulations Shanky , and thank you for coming back to let us know how you're doing !

Posts like these are such an inspiration to those who may be struggling , whether they are members here or simply lurking . You're a mere month away from being gamble free for half a year and every passing day will make you stronger and more aware of how and why we get trapped into addiction's vicious cycles .

Be safe and be strong - you're doing great !
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby Timehealsall » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 am

Great to hear from you again Shanky! Congratulations on staying clean and spending more time with your family.

I'm sure many of us are happy with your updates (even if we're not posting them here). Keep the good news coming :)
Timehealsall
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

PreviousNext

Return to Gambling Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post