Our partner

Post Number Of Days Gamble Free

Gambling Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Post Number Of Days Gamble Free

Postby yahoocoau » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:48 am

Thanks everyone.
Just a quick update.

872 days gambing free :).

love you all and please keep fighting.
yahoocoau
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Aries411 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:49 am

Amazing update!! Lets go for the 1000! I hope you have been well the past few months and lets all stay gf together!
Aries411
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:42 pm

Postby NewSunRising » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:37 am

Congratulations Yahoocoau !

That is a fantastic achievement . Thank you for sharing it with us and I'm with Aries - we'll be waiting for you at your 1000 day milestone !
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby carnieride1 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:24 pm

0 Gotta start somewhere
carnieride1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:42 pm

Postby NewDayNewMe » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:20 am

I would really love to see all the brave souls posting their recovery stories again on this thread. I found this website about a week ago and it gave me hope that I too could win this battle. I started reading from the very 1st post in 2014 and read all posts through the last one a week or so ago.

I’ll start. Been compulsively gambling for about 20 years now. Hundreds of thousands of dollars lost and more importantly so much time away from my family. So many anxiety and depression filled sleepless nights. Tried to quit and failed hundreds of times. After reading so many of y’all’s success stories I now have hope.

Currently: 9 days 0 hours 51 minutes GF!
NewDayNewMe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewDayNewMe » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:03 am

Currently 10 days GF today!

I hope to add a 0 to the end of that number very soon. I have tried to quit many times over the past 10 to 15 years, and had failed miserably. But This time it feels different. First I have never had the courage to sign on to a website and spill my soul to strangers. Also, Reading so many heartfelt stories of people all around the world just like me, and seeing so many of them turn their lives around gives me so much hope and determination. I know it’s only been 10 days but I sleep so much better at night and my mind is so much clearer during the day. It’s been 20 years of self loathing, anxiety and depression and in a matter of 10 days I feel 1000 times better. I’ve got a long way to go but I’m gonna just keep taking it one day at a time.

Not sure if anyone really sees this post anymore and this a real shame as it seems to have helped so many throughout the years, but if your out there and looking to start this journey with me, would to hear from someone.
NewDayNewMe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Aries411 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:18 am

Welcome to the forum NewDay!

10 days is great! That first week is pretty tough. In my 18 years of gambling, it was extremely rare for me to reach 10 days. I would use all my will power, but those irrational thoughts just kept creeping in my head. You have a couple more days to reach 2 weeks so lets go for it! One day at a time!
Aries411

Postby NewSunRising » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Well done Newday !

The longer you stay away from gambling , the weaker its hold over you becomes and every gamble-free day will only make you stronger .

Feel free to come here for support if you find yourself in a rough patch - we've all been through it and we'll be here for you !
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby NewDayNewMe » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Great to hear from you NewSun and Aries! Glad to hear you guys are still doing well. I hope to hear from some of the other long timers, Buster and Gran. Hope they are still doing the same.

Yeah, I found this post and it was so unbelievably humbling reading your posts of success and reading about so many people just like me try and relapse. Just seeing the devastation that it has caused so many people, just like me, and seeing their incredible strength and resolve to never give up, gave me the confidence to try try try again, until it works! I remember your very wise words, "we never fail until we quit trying".

I'm gonna keep trying one day at a time and i hope to see a lot more people signing on here, hearing their stories and working through this together with them as well! If they are seeing this post, I hope they know it only takes 1 time to post their story to get over the fear of quitting and then confidence seems to build each time we talk about it. At least it has for me. Talk with you soon.

Currently GF: 13 Days - 14 Hours - 48 Minutes.
NewDayNewMe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewDayNewMe » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Currently GF: 16 Days - 13 Hours - 46 Minutes.

And It feels great! Poker was my drug of choice on Tuesday and Friday nights at the local card room and I can't even begin to tell you good it feels to wake up on Wednesday and Saturday mornings and know that I didn't lose another $2000, $3000 or even $4000 the night before. I still have urges of course, but they don't even come close to the self loathing and mental anguish I endured on those long rides home in the middle of the night cursing myself for putting my family in this terrible situation again. The crazy thing is I did and still do think I was a pretty good poker player. I have played with and beaten some of the best card players in our poker room. I have won countless number of high hands in the room and have left many nights with positive net money on the nights. The problem is my winning nights don't even come close to my losing nights. I just couldn't control of when I needed to leave. I was having a great night winning the majority of the time, I would continue to push for bigger pots and would eventually lose that pot taking All or most of my winnings. If I was having a terrible losing night, I would continue to take out money, just because I had it and figured it must turn around for me. I almost NEVER did. I missed so many weekends away from my wife she felt so alone. I missed so many of my daughters soccer games because I didn't get home until 4am and I couldn't get up for the 9am early start. Anyway I hate to be so doom and gloom but I think that I can continue to remind myself of the devastation that this has caused my family, that this devastation will help me not repeat the process.

I gonna continue to take this one day at a time. Every night I look at my day counter at 8:25 pm and it feels SOOOOOOOO good to see that day counter add another day!

Take care and well talk with you soon!
NewDayNewMe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Previous

Return to Gambling Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post