Our partner

I gamble because I am in debt and unhappy with my marriage

Gambling Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: I gamble because I am in debt and unhappy with my marriage

Postby RicardoG » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:49 am

ICBD. I can relate to what you are going through.

It is not easy to start back after being down. We have to pick up the pieces, and shut out the temptations. Taking a day at a time. It gets better with time.

I'm also rooting for you to be GF.
I believe if we condition our mind with strong reinforcement that gambling can't give any benefit, we can eliminate the thoughts and temptations.
RicardoG
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I gamble because I am in debt and unhappy with my marriage

Postby itcannotbedone123 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:44 am

RicardoG wrote:ICBD. I can relate to what you are going through.

It is not easy to start back after being down. We have to pick up the pieces, and shut out the temptations. Taking a day at a time. It gets better with time.

I'm also rooting for you to be GF.
I believe if we condition our mind with strong reinforcement that gambling can't give any benefit, we can eliminate the thoughts and temptations.

So very true Ricardo, it so easy to fool ourselves into thinking that gambling can be the solution to our problems because ye know sometimes we get a run going and we think it can last if we are patient and disciplined but it ALWAYS ends up the same way! Happy to report i am still GF and things are beginning to brighten up a bit. Going to one GA meeting a week and they help a bit but ultimately we do this ourselves . I have applied for lots of Jobs and now I have an interview lined up with the Health service which would be a government job ..steady wage. Keep me occupied. I have all this surplus time and energy which I have not had for so long and I am directing it at positive things for once. I am also looking to take a PT job just doing take away deliveries to bring some more in and I am going to save like a demon. Here's to reality and a GF future !
itcannotbedone123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Gambling Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post