Our partner

Can you be addicted to soft drinks?

Food addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Re: Can you be addicted to soft drinks?

Postby FallsTere » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 am

It seem that you really addict on drinking softdrinks well it can be be addicted me too i love soft drinks but i was able to maintain drinking of it.
FallsTere
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby avenna » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:04 am

Yes you can be addicted to softdrinks. My colleague who is also a practicing doctor drinks Coke before she takes her breakfast. She knows the consequence of her action but she said that she can't get through the day without drinking soda.
avenna
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:02 pm

Postby Jamie514 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:05 am

Yes you can get addicted by soft drinks. Getting addicted by anything is not a good idea. I think at first time you should stop drinking 6-8 cans and try drinking 3-4 day. If you can manage to do it, try drinking 1 can a day. I think addiction is not easy to get rid of at a glance.
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 pm

Postby Jamie514 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:14 pm

Butterfly28 wrote:I drink a lot of soda. About 6-8 12oz cans of it a day. My preferred brands are diet Mountain Dew and diet Coke. I am getting worried that I drink too much, but can't seem to, or want to, stop. I am also afraid that my teeth are starting to show signs of my constant soda drinking. They are yellower than they used to be. I had an uncle once ( he's since been divorced from my dad's sister ) who had rotted all his teeth out on drinking soda all the time and now wears full dentures. I don't want my teeth to go the same route. Its bad enough that I grind them at night and often forget to wear my night guard.

Can I be addicted? If so, what can I do?
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 pm

Postby Prairie gal » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:07 am

Yes, you can get addicted. Also, there may be a link between drinking a lot of soft drinks and pancreatic cancer. Some studies have suggested this, but I'm also old enough that I've seen people die of this terrible cancer and, in almost every case, the person had consumed huge amounts of Coke and other sugary drinks for years. When I say huge amounts, I'm talking 2 or more liters per day. That's over 5 cans per day! Having seen this, I've cut back my consumption, though I still drink more than I should... about 4 or 5 cans per week.
Prairie gal
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 pm

Postby Wally58 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:29 am

It is not even 'sugar', it is high-fructose corn sweetners/syrup (HFCS). The body doesn't recognize it as 'sugar' and a few minutes after consuming a soda, it will still crave something sweet. It is like you never had that soda!
The FDA won't allow the term 'corn sugar' yet and it will be a dangerous day when it does.
Diabetes/obesity is going to triple in 10 years at the current rate, mostly from improper eating. All these processed and refined sugars and flours are 'chronic poisons' in large quantities. If it were an 'acute poison', it would be outlawed.
Food companies would be in dire straits with international trade if the government were to declare food as being 'dangerous'. Think what it would do to the subsidized corn-factory farmers.
We have been experimenting with artificial sugars, fats and starches for a century to find one that isn't bad for us. So far the best advice is to eat and drink healthy.
I carbonate my own tap water when I need something to burp with. The setup is basically a CO2 tank, hose and bottle. Cheap and refreshing.
Dr. Lustig gives a great and eye-opening presentation on "sugar":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:02 pm

Previous

Return to Food Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post