Our partner

Anyone want to quit together?

Food addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Anyone want to quit together?

Postby Pansy5 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:30 pm

I mentioned this in a reply to another post, but I thought maybe it would be better to bring it up here...

I am going to quit sugar (starting today) and I wanted to see whether any of you would like to quit sugar with me. I was thinking of using whatsapp (could be a group chat) to stay in communication and support each other through withdrawals and daily struggles. Or if you've quit before and want to be something like an AA sponsor, but for sugar addiction.

I've quit before, but it's an addition that keeps coming back to haunt me. I'd like to quit permanently, but I don't have a lot of self control. It might help if there was another person to keep me on track. I want to lay this demon to rest.

We can talk more about this if you're interested. I'm also accepting any suggestions on how you quit! Please post :)
Pansy5
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone want to quit together?

Postby orangeromeos » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:19 pm

I think about this every day. The hardest part is avoiding the cravings.

I too have done this before. The first 10-15 days are the hardest, and then it's a breeze for a good 3-4 months and you lose 25-30 lbs. but then you stall out, both mentally and physically.

Food really is an addiction. It's amazing what you'll eat, and how much of it you'll eat, when you have things like stress, anxiety and exhaustion factoring into your daily life.

I tell myself every day that I want to quit sugar, and go carb-free and green. Then life kicks me in the face, and I'm back to binge eating protein bars and sandwiches. (my two current weaknesses).

FYI: If you're looking for something to maybe help you out, I have used "Brighter Day" before. It's a pill you take, and it helps with cravings and your mood. It's stimulant free, so no caffeine crash or anything.

Let's take it a day or two at a time, and see how things go.

I'll check back in soon.
orangeromeos
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anyone want to quit together?

Postby Waitwatcher33 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:47 pm

I'm down for sure
Waitwatcher33
Consumer 0
Consumer 0