Our partner

Realization about my binge issue.

Food addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Realization about my binge issue.

Postby Holodeck » Tue May 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Granted my parents were those that told me to clean my plate and tempted me to finish things by giving food as a reward, but today I dawned on something I hadn't fully realized before.

Long story short, I had to change my diet because of an intestinal issue that would lead to me being hooked up to medical equipment for the rest of my life if I didn't take a step back now. I'm not overweight or in bad (looking) shape, but my digestive system seems to be held together by duct tape.

Over the course of a little over a week, I've noticed I haven't missed the food or caffeine which I also can't have at all. Thing is I'm still binge eating from time to time, but only with healthy foods (I'm not allowed red meat, bread, pasta, artificial sugar, fried foods etc).

The thing I DO miss is the random energy spikes I would get. Now granted I'm sure this also has to do with me being bipolar, but it seems I'm not so much a food junkie as much as an adrenaline junkie. One thing I've found is eating certain foods increase manic episodes with bipolar giving me a manic high with energy spikes.

Not sure where I'm going with this. I suppose I'll have to find a balance with foods that give me energy without going too over the top with it. I guess I'm also curious if anyone else had gone through withdrawals like that and how they handled the energy levels.
Holodeck
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Food Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post