Our partner

Chocolate and cheese addiction...

Food addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Chocolate and cheese addiction...

Postby etta » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:57 pm

I know I'm wrong, dead wrong! But I feel I can't get enough. For instance, I'll buy a whole pack of cheese, say to myself I'll eat just a little and most times it's gone before or by the next day. Same with the chocolate. Of course I know it's not good for you, especially your heart (I have diastolic congestive heart failure), but I feel I don't care. I mean, maybe I do care but I feel I MUST have it!
My therapist calls it binges. I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop, but I can't.
etta
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Chocolate and cheese addiction...

Postby NewSunRising » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Hugs Etta !

Have you told your therapist that you feel like this is more than just a binge ? If you are experiencing this as a compulsion , perhaps they can recommend some techniques for you to use in controlling it .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:38 am

Re: Chocolate and cheese addiction...

Postby Jamie514 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:10 pm

etta wrote:I know I'm wrong, dead wrong! But I feel I can't get enough. For instance, I'll buy a whole pack of cheese, say to myself I'll eat just a little and most times it's gone before or by the next day. Same with the chocolate. Of course I know it's not good for you, especially your heart (I have diastolic congestive heart failure), but I feel I don't care. I mean, maybe I do care but I feel I MUST have it!
My therapist calls it binges. I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop, but I can't.

I think is not a such kind of critical addiction like weed or wine. I think it's good for health.
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Return to Food Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post