Our partner

Chocolate Additction

Food addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Chocolate Additction

Postby KingPing » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I am addicted to chocolate. I just love it. I eat more than one bar (Milka) of chocolate every day. One bar by the way takes less than 5 minutes to be eaten. I just dont take one piece - I take the whole thing at once. I am not "big" by the way - don't know why. I generally eat a lot more than other people do (2 plates when other people woulnd't even finish one). I have an average weight. I work out a lot, too.

But I am truly addicted to chocolate. If I don't have it - I need it. I feel uncomfortable when there is no chocolate available.

WHAT could be the CAUSE for that?
There is nothing more humane than the will to survive.
KingPing
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Chocolate Additction

Postby Smiggles » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:34 pm

Comfort eating, perhaps? I do the same thing, but like you, I'm not sure why.

I'm just 5'3 and in general a very petite person, healthy weight and all, so you wouldn't guess that I constantly binge on junk food. chocolate is definitely my weakness too. :lol:
*Won't be very active over the next 3 weeks*

There's no such thing as true good or true evil, its all relative to the observer.

My previous username is Corgis.
Smiggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:39 pm

Postby Oliveira » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Chocolate actually has some addictive qualities. Look up "chocolate hormone release" in a search engine and read some bits. I am just copying this short tidbit:

Chocolate releases serotonin and another feel-good hormone called dopamine. Because of that release, people crave the feel-good and can become addicted, much in the same way people can get addicted to caffeine or nicotine.

So yeah, people joke about chocolate being addictive... it is! And sugar by itself is terribly addictive.
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:39 am

Postby KingPing » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Thank you both - I think we have found the solution. It is the feel-good "hormones" ;). My brain is craving for it...
There is nothing more humane than the will to survive.
KingPing
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 am

Postby GiselaSeeger » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:07 am

One of my friends is also having the same addiction for chocolates. He just can't live without chocolates and all the things made from chocolates. He makes different items at home as well as sometimes order from wholesale restaurant desserts at wholesale prices. I will definitely tell him this reason for a chocolate craving. Thanks for sharing your views here.
GiselaSeeger
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:09 am

Postby Jamie514 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:06 am

You asked what could be wrong, since you know what's exactly wrong with you. You've chocolate addiction problem, because of that you'll gain heavy weight in no time. I think you should personally consult with a doctor before this addiction turns into a heavy burden to overcome.
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:39 pm

Return to Food Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post