Our partner

Sugar detox

Food addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Sugar detox

Postby aceygrace » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and looking for some support kicking a very severe sugar addiction. I'm sure this is something a lot of people can relate to at least on some level.

I am stopping sugar intake altogether starting tomorrow and I know it's going to be really tough for me. My mum and I are doing it together but I am far more dependent than she is and both of us have very little will power. We have dieted on and off pretty much our whole lives but never tried cold turkey before and I am really hopeful that we can keep it up.

I have found a lot of help, advice and support on forums for other things before so I am really hoping that people here will do the same :) I thought maybe I could use this thread as a sort of diary and anyone else who wants to join in can? That way any time I am feeling rocky I have somewhere safe to turn and keep on track :)

Anyway, hope to hear from others soon!
aceygrace
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sugar detox

Postby Oliveira » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:48 pm

Good luck on your quest!

Sugar is included in an awful lot of products. Perhaps you've already heard that but you have to be really vigilant here. For instance, all sorts of mustard except Dijon include sugar. Light yoghurts often include extra sugar to compensate for missing taste. I recommend reading the labels carefully on everything you purchase.

I'm lucky -- I don't actually like the taste of sugar. But when I went sugar-free I discovered how difficult that actually was. Almost all processed food contains sugar or fructose/dextrose. I will be keeping fingers crossed for you and I look forward to your posts.
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Food Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post