Our partner

Trying to Find a Path to Recovery!

Food addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Trying to Find a Path to Recovery!

Postby gatsbybelieved » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi, hi, hi. I'm Gatsby. I live in LA and I'm mid-twenties (and a chick). I'm here to learn healthier eating habits so I can lose weight. I've known for a while that I'm emotionally dependent on food -- when I'm excited/happy/celebrating something, I go straight for food. Likewise, when I'm upset/anxious, I go straight for food. I love food, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing on its own -- I love to try new foods the way I love to visit new beaches, you know? BUT I'm not emotionally dependent on beaches. So, I desperately want to learn a healthier relationship to food.

Dieting simply doesn't work for me. I actually eat well in the home, I rarely get myself junk food. But when I'm offered junk, or I'm at a party or restaurant where there's junk, I have zero willpower. And the thing is, being young and single and living in the city with friends, we go out to eat a ton. I want to hang out with my friends without it equaling be ordering the junkiest thing on the menu and then feeling bad about it afterwards. I'll be getting ready for a party and think, 'I will have one serving of dessert' (there's always plate after plate of cookies, brownies, pie, in my friend circle) -- and then go there and have four cookies, not one.

I've recently realized I'm addicted to food, to the way it can change my mood. So I'm here to make friends with people with similar struggles and those who've been there and have advice to impart to me.

But in the spirit of not sounding super depressing, I think this is the thing I need which will help me to get better! :D I've been trying to address the physical side -- dieting, working out -- for years, but I think it's the mental side I need to address before the physical will work!

Come say hi, impart your wisdom, or share your struggles! :)

Gatsby :) :) :)
gatsbybelieved
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Trying to Find a Path to Recovery!

Postby passingthrough » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:40 am

i am here to help and support, and i struggle too...

i will respond very soon.

here for you and i care.
i hope you will get this and i'm sorry for not finding you before now.
passingthrough
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:46 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Food Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post