Our partner

Newbie wanting to share [wide band rings]

Open discussions about the various fetishes.
Forum rules
================================================

The Fetishes Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss Fetishes as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Re: Newbie wanting to share [wide band rings]

Postby kevs099 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 am

brainpan wrote:I've just read the blog by Dr Mark Griffiths and, OMG! Don't know quite what to make of "extract 6". Although I think I might have to talk to this guy sooner rather than later once I get it clear in my head how to approach this.

I have discussed my paraphilia with a psychologist but he's suggested I put it on the back burner while I deal with my more pressing problems. My APD and other social anxiety disorders. But now I guess this changes everything.

Something you may want to talk with your doctor about is having a wedding band, or any type of fetish for that matter, doesn't necessarily constitute a "Fetishistic Paraphilia Disorder"

David Porter, MA, LADC wrote:
Fetishistic Disorder DSM-5 302.81 (F65.0)

DSM-5 Category: Paraphilia

Symptoms of Fetishistic Disorder

According to the DSM-5, there are three criterion for Fetishistic Disorder, and four specifiers that can be applied:

A. Over a six month period, the individual has experienced sexual urges focused on a non-genital body part, or inanimate object, or other stimulus, and has acted out urges, fantasies, or behaviors.

B. The fantasies, urges, or behaviors cause distress, or impairment in functioning.

C. The Fetishistic object is not an article of clothing employed in cross dressing, or a sexual stimulation device, such as a vibrator.

*Specifiers for the diagnosis of Fetishistic Disorder include the type of stimulus which is the focus
of attention.
*Body Part(s) (non-genital or erogenous areas of the body - e.g.,feet or hair). This is also referred
to as to as Partialism- preoccupation with a part of the body rather than the whole person.
*Non-living Object(s) e.g. shoes or boots.
*Other- situations or activities- e.g.- smoking during sex.

Other specifiers are:

*In a controlled environment where Fetishistic Disorder cannot readily be engaged in, such as an
institutional setting.
*In remission: No distress or impairment of functioning for a five year period, exclusive of a
controlled environment (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

Impact on Functioning

Fetishistic Disorder can impact intimate relationships. If the Fetish is absent from a sexual encounter, it can result in sexual dysfunction, such as inability to achieve or maintain an erection (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). It is noted that paraphillias in general, including fetishism, are correlated with general psychosocial impairment, including being victims of physical abuse, lower educational level, inpatient admissions mental health or substance abuse treatment, disability, unemployment, involvement with criminal justice, increased risk of STI's (Sexually Transmitted Infections) and comorbid mental health disorders (Marsh, Odlaug, Thomarios, Davis, Buchanan, Meyer, & Grant, 2010). Criminal behavior may be involved with Fetishistic Disorder, such as breaking and entering to steal articles of clothing, or unwanted contact, such as touching a a strange woman's feet in public. The individual with Fetishistic Disorder may experience guilt, shame, and humiliation if they are unable to contain their desires and act out in public.

Differential Diagnosis

There are several diagnostic rule-outs for the clinician to consider. In the DSM -5, disorders such as

Transvestic Disorder, Sexual Masochism, and Fetishistic behavior without Fetishistic Disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). Tranvestic disorder specifically involves a man dressing in typical woman's clothing, whereas Fetishistic disorder would involve handling, smelling, and masturbating with an article of woman’s clothing. Woman may also wear men's clothes with little or no social stigma. Sexual Masochism involves sexual gratification from the infliction of pain or discomfort on another. An article used for Masochistic behaviors, such as a ligature for restraint, may acquire independent Fetishistic properties, but the act of restraint with a ligature during sexual activity and becoming aroused from the discomfort of ones partner is a Masochistic act, and a different diagnosis. There are also individuals who use Fetishes for sexual arousal with a partner who is agreeable to the behavior, and do not experience distress or impairment of sexual functioning, in which case the behavior does not reach the clinical threshold of a disorder.

Full text and references here http://www.theravive.com/therapedia/Fetishistic-Disorder-DSM--5-302.81-%28F65.0%29
kevs099
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Newbie wanting to share [wide band rings]

Postby lovegold87 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Does anyone want to join and share some photos or who would like to chat about this topic? Feel I need to talk with people with the same feelings. Also are there any women who have similar feelings?
lovegold87
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Fetishes

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post