Our partner

Car Pedalpumping / Cranking / Revving Fetish

Open discussions about the various fetishes.
Forum rules
================================================

The Fetishes Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss Fetishes as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Re: Car Pedalpumping / Cranking / Revving Fetish

Postby desktopx » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Uncalled4 wrote:I have spoken to others about this over the years, and tried to link it to another disorder, such as OCD(which I have), with no luck.

There's absolutely no correlation or link between having OCD and fetishes.
desktopx
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Uncalled4 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:34 pm

desktopx wrote:
Uncalled4 wrote:I have spoken to others about this over the years, and tried to link it to another disorder, such as OCD(which I have), with no luck.

There's absolutely no correlation or link between having OCD and fetishes.

Yes, as I quickly found out.

I have another theory that, even in the internet age, many people with this fetish keep it hidden.
Uncalled4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby TheProf » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:35 am

Really interesting thread desktopx I've often wondered where this fetish comes from, and you've described a lot about your past history and how it affected you as a child. I wonder if it almost transfers over from the person that's pedal pumping to the person watching it, in other words we detect that they are enjoying it and somehow that's how it associates as a fetish to us? I definitely reckon its something that's programmed probably at an early age.

Do you mind if I ask a few questions desktopx...

Is there a particular type of shoe you like to see pumping the pedal, or in fact barefoot?
Do you prefer manual or automatic?
How did you feel personally the first time you ever drove a car and worked the pedals?
Is it only the accelerator you enjoy watching?

Sorry for all the questions!
TheProf
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby desktopx » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:18 am

Do you mind if I ask a few questions desktopx...

Is there a particular type of shoe you like to see pumping the pedal, or in fact barefoot?
Do you prefer manual or automatic?
How did you feel personally the first time you ever drove a car and worked the pedals?
Is it only the accelerator you enjoy watching?

1) Well the type of shoe was irrelevant to me, but recently I find heels arousing because they symbolize power/ dominance.
2) Manual. Its more of a dominant style since the person is in greater control and greater skill is required in it unlike auto. Seeing a woman flawlessly handle a manual is so attractive.
3) A bit startled and mesmerized but very fun at the same time.
4) The gear stick too. I love to see how a woman shifts the gear but out of the pedals, yes the accelerator.

Must I mention that the foot part is completely irrelevant to me (unless heels are involved). It's the "way" the situation is handled i.e the actions, whether the car is revved lightly or hard after a tough startup is the main factor plus how much struggle and determination is put into it.

A submissive personality will give up easily and rev lightly once they get it started whereas the dominant type will continue and once it starts will most probably rev it hard as well which is a Goddess type trait in women that makes them so mysteriously seductive.
desktopx
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby luvfemfootongaspedal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:34 pm

This is very interesting as I've had this fetish (with some of the other specifics that have been mentioned in this and other related forums) for over 40 years.

I've also done everything on the internet related to this except make my own videos and also talk about it in a psych forum.
luvfemfootongaspedal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Postby Crankingmystery » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:09 am

Hello.

I was struck when I read this forum, particularly the comments by Desktopx - they resonate well with me. My experience has been that car cranking really creates a major response in me. The strange thing is that it creates pleasure for me but it also TORTURES me. I'm a straight, married male in my mid-30's by the way. If I see a guy or a girl that I find unattractive crank their car, it creates anxiety in me. I don't want to be there. However, if it is a girl that I find attractive doing this, well I kind of get lost a little bit. My response has a basis of anxiety but there is some pleasure involved also. I'd really love some help trying to understand why this effects me so much. At the moment, the thought of my colleague doing it actually wakes me up and kind of terrorises me.

The components of this that seem to move me most are:
1. An authentic situation (i.e. the car genuinely has some problem that makes it take longer to start, whether it be related to the cold or whether it be dirty spark plugs for example).
2. The sound of the car trying to start.
3. The exhaust! When the girl tries to start the car and smoke comes from the exhaust when she succeeds, that makes the impact so much greater. Even the shape of the exhaust can be a turn on…some of them I could describe as cute. Go figure???
4. An attractive girl must be trying to start the car (i.e. a girl that I would have sex with if I were single). Not guys or girls that I would find unattractive.
5. Car must be started by a key (push button or lever is not appealing at all). The vision of a girl sitting still in her seat and calmly turning the key is for some reason dynamite on me.
6. A battle (i.e. it looks like the girl will get the car going but then it keeps stopping and takes some effort to be restarted) increases the effect further. Maybe this is because the girl's "power" is shown as a result.
7. Voyeuristic aspect for some reason figures highly in this.
8. Also, it seems very powerful when a seemingly innocent and relatively powerless girl gets into a big car and starts it/ tries to start it.

This fetish has been brought to the fore in recent months for me because of me colleague. She is quite young (early 20's) and relatively naïve. She is quite influential in our office though, and quite attractive. She drives a big car that is reasonably new but gives her trouble from time to time. She always has to crank it quite a bit longer than other cars. If I think of her doing that, it creates a mix of pleasure and agony for me. When she walks in with her keys in her hand, that effects me. She leaves them prominently placed on her desk and it always creates the anxious twinge when I walk past and see them. When I see her pick up her keys and say goodbye before leaving, it again triggers anxiety. If she brings another car to work (she does sometimes) the situation is quite different - there is no effect because that car is completely reliable.

Like I said earlier, it wakes me up at the moment. Part of says "grow up!" while the other part is very curious as to why something so innocuous should create such a response. All I know is that I've had a response all my life when people try to start their cars - particularly attractive girls. One part of me wants to stay and listen while the other part wants to run away from what appears to be some kind of "public car torture." My first experience of wanting to run was when I was about 5.

I'd love some help to solve this and move on from it. It is more painful than pleasurable to me.

Regards,
Crankingmystery
Crankingmystery
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:39 am

Postby desktopx » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:12 am

Hi CrankingMystery,

I must say, we have a lot of mutuality in mindset like the smoke from exhaust has quite a powerful effect. What you can do is understand what and why it is happening; the small bit of elements can be identified and resolved upon.

For example, whenever you hear cranking, think of it as a support being given to the car i.e the pedal being pumped, it's in all honesty simply a support procedure. This should make the cranking part of the fetish less intense. Why you fear ? Most probable case is the fear of hard revving. Do you ever fear the sound of generator, boat or lawn mover not starting ? Probably not because it doesn't have a revving/ punish factor to it. The Hard revving factor is depressing since it's a natural part of the foundational personality just like some people are sensitive to insects being crushed or balloons being popped (literally).

Lets go into even more depth, during cranking you may have noted sometimes it's an intense cranking sound as if the engine is igniting so much and other situation not that much. This is because of the speed of how fast and how much the pedal is being pumped / pressed. Some people have the habit of pumping it faster and more while others not. Think of the fast pumpers as not having mechanical sense or they don't even realize they are doing it similar to when you sometimes open tap water a bit too much and sometimes just right, it can be the same thing.

For the basics, just view cranking as a support procedure. But what haunts me is the revving, if after cranking, the revving is hard I lose all prior assumptions and the image of a dominatrix / goddess / powerful woman is revived and I can't help it. That is where I fail and even the cranking procedure becomes more of a seductive battle procedure where the woman seems sexy and in full control but only under one condition given she's a hard revver. If she's not then I simply view cranking as a normal support procedure and hence it doesn't bother me that much as it did before I fought against my fetish. Her attitude and power are the major contributing factors from where our attraction stems from.

When the car does actually start with a loud Vroom, instead of letting that trigger / grind you, you should understand it is simply because the pedal pump (support) was not stopped/ released on time, the car starts suddenly and disruptly. But take note what happens right after that i.e mild or hard revving (this part really shows the cranker's intentions as discussed above).

And it has to be an attractive looking woman yes, just like we become interested sexually from attractive females, same applies here. That attractive factor coupled with a strong erotic element creates a complicated blend of power / mystery / attitude / goddess trait which basically acts as a medicator to our pain but is seductive at the same time.

As this part of the forums will be closing anytime soon, feel free to PM me if you wish further communication and discussion....
desktopx
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Previous

Return to Fetishes

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post