Our partner

Sister prostituting herself.

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Sister prostituting herself.

Postby Crawling » Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm

I am schizoaffective and a ex drug addict. My sister saw a lot growing up that she shouldn’t have had to at one point I was diagnosed bpd but was removed from my diagnosis not sure if it’s cus it wasn’t accurate ever or wasn’t accurate anymore. Anyway my sister was diagnosed and has just had her baby taken away she’s ran away and intends on prostitution to maintain her lifestyle her friend is with her but living off my sister, she been gone 4 days amd she’s desperate for money now so looking into prostitution which where she is will be easy but also very dangerous I just want my baby sister home safe. I always been able to get through to her but now it’s like a brick wall has gone up amd I don’t know what to do I can’t get her to come home or anything she so set on self destruction there nothing I can do. Thanks for listening.
Last edited by Snaga on Mon May 17, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to SOFF w/ shadow link; no edits
you cannot choose the hand you are dealt, but you can choose how you play the hand.

Diagnosis
schizoaffective bipolar type
Psychopathic tendencies
Haldol 10mg
Lamotrogiene 200mg
Mirtazapine 15mg
clonazepam 2mg
Diazepam 5mg
Diazepam 2mg
Zopiclone 7.5mg
Crawling
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:04 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sister prostituting herself.

Postby Remember Ronni » Tue May 18, 2021 10:36 pm

That is a really tough situation. Obviously if your sister is over 18 then of course she is free to do whatever she chooses. Realistically if she's over 16 there isn't much anyone can do. It does sound like she's travelling a risky and dangerous road though.

If you (or someone she knows and trusts) can talk to her out of it but it doesn't sound like she wants to listen to anyone. So you're left with call the cops on her, get her sectioned/committed to hospital. But those are pretty tough choices and she is not going to thank you for either. If you know where she is possibly a charity helping sex workers in that area might be someone you can talk to for advice if there is such a thing there.

I guess your best hope is that she finds that her new life is not all it's cracked up to be and come home of her own accord.

I do hope things work out for the both of you and I hope she's ok out there. It must be a real worry for you though and I am sorry you're having to go through all of that.
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:04 am

Postby Crawling » Wed May 19, 2021 4:16 pm

She’s over 18 and been discharged from all vulnerable services so realistically there’s nothing I can do she a 5hr drive away and I have 3 children and only a 4 seater car so can’t go get her besides she’s in the capital city so no chance of finding her if she doesn’t want to be found.

I don’t know what on earth to do I’m hoping she learns quickly that this isn’t the life she wants and comes home her friend is with her but only my sister is prostituing she’s been sexually exploited by men a lot and I guess this is her way of saying I’m gonna get paid for the sexual exploitation but I don’t think at age 19 she knows quite what she’s letting herself in for as a ex iv drug user I have some idea of the lifestyle although not identical but then nothing ever is but I know how it feels to sell your body and I know how dangerous it is but I am street smart and was careful she isn’t she’s recklace and is not street smart. I kept it to a couple of regular punters who I knew and someone always knew who I was with she’s just flogging it to anyone and no one knows where she is when she drives off.

Guess I’m just worried sick and I don’t know what to believe anymore she tells so many lies but I don’t want to disbelieve her when it turns out to be true she’s asking me for money constantly which I am not giving her which hurts.
you cannot choose the hand you are dealt, but you can choose how you play the hand.

Diagnosis
schizoaffective bipolar type
Psychopathic tendencies
Haldol 10mg
Lamotrogiene 200mg
Mirtazapine 15mg
clonazepam 2mg
Diazepam 5mg
Diazepam 2mg
Zopiclone 7.5mg
Crawling
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:04 am

Postby Snaga » Thu May 20, 2021 4:51 am

In the end, you can't live another person's life for them. I have family members that are into drugs and I don't like the feeling of powerlessness. I can't pay for rehab- if they'd even go. I'm not going to take them in and enable it- and damn sure you're not going to be on drugs under my roof.

So... what is there? They'll have to figure it out for themselves- we all do, when we're on a self-destructive path. I have my issues, I'm not claiming sainthood- and no one can make me responsible, until I do it for myself.

I hate it, but it sounds as if she'll have to get to a point she's ready to quit this.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:04 am

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post